New My Porsche App . . . Not fully functional

RallyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT
Country flag
When logging on to TYD through the My Porsche App it prompted me to switch and download a new MyPorsche app. I did that. The new app loads but unfortunately it does load or import my vehicles. At least in seems there is some software consistency. Has anyone else experienced this.?
Sponsored

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
Is this supposed to take the place of the Porsche Connect app too in addition to the My Porsche Essentials app? I see that in order to connect to PCM Services it is prompting me to delete the Connect app “to avoid communication problems”. Not sure I want to do that when it seems to be working properly on the Connect app.

This new app is pretty confusing. Where are the charging profiles? I only see timers. And you can start and stop preheating/cooling but, unlike in the Connect app, you cannot select the driver/passenger zones for heated/ventilated seats or easily change the temperature (without setting a new timer). Has anyone connected to PCM Services in this new app to see if there is any added functionality compared to the Connect app? If there isn’t I don’t see a reason yet to switch to this app for day to day use.

OP
OP

RallyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT
Country flag
Is this supposed to take the place of the Porsche Connect app too in addition to the My Porsche Essentials app? I see that in order to connect to PCM Services it is prompting me to delete the Connect app “to avoid communication problems”. Not sure I want to do that when it seems to be working properly on the Connect app.

This new app is pretty confusing. Where are the charging profiles? I only see timers. And you can start and stop preheating/cooling but, unlike in the Connect app, you cannot select the driver/passenger zones for heated/ventilated seats or easily change the temperature (without setting a new timer). Has anyone connected to PCM Services in this new app to see if there is any added functionality compared to the Connect app? If there isn’t I don’t see a reason yet to switch to this app for day to day use.
This is different than the Porsche Connect App.

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
This is different than the Porsche Connect App.
Understood. I’m wondering if it is supposed to be used in lieu of the Porsche Connect app. It won’t let you have full functionality unless you delete the Porsche Connect app. Seems you cannot have both on the phone and get full functionality out of the new app.
Sponsored