B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Then clearly the recommended pressures on the back wheels, at least as entered/retrieved by the app, are different. Is Taycan not perfectly balanced on the back end? Or are the recommended pressures accounting for the weight of the driver? ;)
Recommendend pressures for front and rear wheels on a label on the car are different, but in app are the same (in my case 2,5bar)
Also, my dealer set all four as 2,5 bar (winter, 20”).
AFAIK, It depends on the type & size of tyres.
As far as i remember, there was a thread about that where members with more knowledge agreed that pressure should be set according to tyre manufacturer’s recommendation.
Sponsored

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
Recommendend pressures for front and rear wheels on a label on the car are different, but in app are the same (in my case 2,5bar)
The recommended pressures on the two REAR tyres are not going to be different FROM EACH OTHER though, which is what whitex was jokingly referring to, and what is wrong with the app in this case.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I know that he was joking about differences on rear tyres.
I just wanted to say that different pressure (front-rear) depends on tyres/wheels.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
I haven’t noticed a difference. I do see something weird in that it shows different values for tire pressure overages for the rear tires despite showing them as having equal pressure. What gives?

3C087671-2F55-47CA-AC01-D1A75DC3D5AD.png
Mine did that. I suspect it's something to do with the change using the actual pressures and the pressure gauges just showing rounded measures. That should just about account for up to 2 psi difference. But it's a bit silly.

Mine corrected itself when i went to the garage and checked them all etc on the air machine.

xy911jk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I haven’t noticed a difference. I do see something weird in that it shows different values for tire pressure overages for the rear tires despite showing them as having equal pressure. What gives?
This happens in the previous version too. It's either a bug or the result of a very accurate measurement, which takes into account the difference in temperature between tires showing the same pressure. In fact the user manual (Good to Know) suggests to adjust the pressure based on the delta values rather then the pressure.

RoseyPSU

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Aston Martin Vantage
Country flag
The different deviations on the rear tires are most likely because they were set differently in the system. You can set in the PCM what the "correct" pressure is for all 4 tires and then the app and PCM show the deviation from that "correct" pressure. So if you have the left rear "correct" pressure set in the PCM at 40 PSI and the right rear set at 42 PSI, if both TPMS are reading the actual pressure at 39PSI the left will show -1 and the right will show -3. Hope that makes sense.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
You do know that your gearbox has oil in it, right?
I am sure that there are various places where my car uses oil, including the gear box, but I very much doubt whether the app will tell me anything useful about them!

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
The system does use temperature. So while the psi may be the same one tire could be hotter and requires more air to compensate.
3EAD764E-3966-459C-AB42-405B3CD2536A.jpeg
The above seems self contradictory. On one hand
Porsche Taycan New “My Porsche” app (6.0) released 1668203102719

but then
Porsche Taycan New “My Porsche” app (6.0) released 1668203134981

So according to the above you should inflate the tire based on the display, but don't change the tire pressures based on this display? How does inflating by 1.4psi not change the tire pressure?

• Wow
Reactions: B61

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I am sure that there are various places where my car uses oil, including the gear box, but I very much doubt whether the app will tell me anything useful about them!
Depends on what app...
I'm pretty sure I can display oil temperature in there as well...

Porsche Taycan New “My Porsche” app (6.0) released Screenshot_20220923-150616

😁

Vercingetorix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
The above seems self contradictory. On one hand
1668203102719.png

but then
1668203134981.png

So according to the above you should inflate the tire based on the display, but don't change the tire pressures based on this display? How does inflating by 1.4psi not change the tire pressure?
My guess is ignore the 36psi and follow the +1.4. One is psi display and one is differential. Don’t follow psi.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
@Dee: SoH 81% only? How comes?

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
@Dee: SoH 81% only? How comes?
The SoH is 91.44% (see upper right corner). The value in the lower right corner is the SoC. The labeling is just wrong. It's a known bug.

Reactions: B61

Mazzy13

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar f pace
Country flag
I am unable to get any access to the car through the app. Just spinning around and says car cannot be reached. Any thoughts
Sponsored