New Porsche dashcam

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
Has anyone in the UK had the Porsche dashcam (front AND rear) installed in their Taycan recently?

I’m keen to see pictures of the installation and how obtrusive (or otherwise) both cameras are.

I appreciate that at £800 it is expensive compared to other options (Blackvue etc), and with less functionality, but for me it is a low risk option and avoids future issues with warranty if an aftermarket device is installed instead.

I assume that having ticked the box for Porsche dashcam wiring preparation, that applies to both front and rear cameras? Previously I think it was just a front facing camera that was available?

Thanks for any comments!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sidicks

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Greenwich

First Name
Shams
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Taycan 4s Cross
Country flag
Hi..

I was the same as you, opted for Porsche option and yes I ordered with the pre-wiring. See pics of final install.
Porsche Taycan New Porsche dashcam 46D1243F-D90F-45E2-95DC-B0A5543913B2

Porsche Taycan New Porsche dashcam DAB2A55D-DF51-4435-8F7A-F01A4E6E8AAB

Greenwich

First Name
Shams
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Taycan 4s Cross
Country flag
Hi..

I was the same as you, opted for Porsche option and yes I ordered with the pre-wiring. See pics of final install.
46D1243F-D90F-45E2-95DC-B0A5543913B2.jpeg

DAB2A55D-DF51-4435-8F7A-F01A4E6E8AAB.jpeg
In answer to being obstructive, neither cameras are. I have the front camera install right behind the mirror, you can't see it, but it will announce when it's started recording or switching to parking mode. The rear I had installed in the swipe of the wiper hence it low down. You can install ot higher but then you would have to manually clean that part of the screen.

OP
OP
Sidicks

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
In answer to being obstructive, neither cameras are. I have the front camera install right behind the mirror, you can't see it, but it will announce when it's started recording or switching to parking mode. The rear I had installed in the swipe of the wiper hence it low down. You can install ot higher but then you would have to manually clean that part of the screen.
I guess your photo is taken from the passenger seat (to show the front camera), which means that it is fairly well hidden by the rear view mirror from the driver’s side?

I understand why you’ve positioned the rear camera so low down, but I think I’m inclined to keep it as high up as possible, to maximise the view through the (already small) rear screen, and just remember to clean it on a regular basis! In fairness it will be a brand new car, so there’s always an incentive to keep it clean!

edited to add:
Thinking about it further, I imagine that when reversing, most (sensible?) people use the reverse camera on the front screen, rather than turning and looking through the rear view mirror? I’m just old school, but maybe I need to move into the 21st Century;)

Thanks for your help :like:
Sponsored

Last edited: