Nicer than I ever dreamed...

ThumbsUp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Taycan Turbo S; ‘20 Taycan Turbo (gone)
Country flag
On the Drive menu, the Recuperation setting and the Electronic Sport Sound setting both go back to off every time you shut the car off. Is this normal?
Yes, but I have connected sport sound to my diamond button so I can more easily activate it whenever I want.
Sponsored

OP
OP
LovinTaycan

LovinTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan and 2019 Mercedes S560V
Country flag
I experimented tonight with the USB-C port and music. I first used the stick I had for my past Telsa which is FLAC format. The music played fine, but the album artwork was a little fuzzy. Then I went directly to my iTunes folder and pulled out the media folder which has M4A files. The music played perfectly and the album artwork was crisp and looked great. I am not going to change everything over to MP4, which is what Porsche said was their file format.

The M4A works perfectly, and they are almost the exact same architecture. Here is what I found.

"MP4 and M4A files are often confused, and the two are quite similar, being both based on the MPEG-4 codec. However, M4A is a file comprising solely of audio, whereas MP4 may also contain video. ... The M4A file uses Apple's codec and resides within the MPEG-4 container."

Easy and works great!

Ormond

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Country flag
The interior looks posh! I notice that the wood trim matches your garage doors, very on trend.

Last edited:

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
I experimented tonight with the USB-C port and music. I first used the stick I had for my past Telsa which is FLAC format. The music played fine, but the album artwork was a little fuzzy. Then I went directly to my iTunes folder and pulled out the media folder which has M4A files. The music played perfectly and the album artwork was crisp and looked great. I am not going to change everything over to MP4, which is what Porsche said was their file format.

The M4A works perfectly, and they are almost the exact same architecture. Here is what I found.

"MP4 and M4A files are often confused, and the two are quite similar, being both based on the MPEG-4 codec. However, M4A is a file comprising solely of audio, whereas MP4 may also contain video. ... The M4A file uses Apple's codec and resides within the MPEG-4 container."

Easy and works great!
I will note that M4A doesn't use an Apple-proprietary codec (Apple doesn't have any, believe it or not). It uses AAC, which is a longstanding industry standard. It's actually used in many of the digital radio and DVB standards internationally.

Tino82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Beautiful interior! Is that the standard sport chrono clock or did you pay extra for the white clock?
I love the neodyme but not so fussed for a gold clock.

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
Yes, but I have connected sport sound to my diamond button so I can more easily activate it whenever I want.
Yep, I have it set for my custom button on the screen behind the wheel and left the diamond button as next track for music. Very convenient.
Sponsored