MJH_102383

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 Taycan Turbo S; MY22 911 GT3; MY22 911 TS Cab
Country flag
Has anyone heard of this? Evidently if we do the lease through Porsche it qualifies as a commercial vehicle and somehow Porsche will give a $7,500 rebate essentially to replicate the tax credit.
Sponsored

JustWatching

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (April '22)
Country flag
Not as exciting as you think it may be...

1) you need to depreciate the car - which means you are saying the car would be 100% for business use. I guess it depends on what kind of business you have where you could make that argument

but, the big one is this...

2) the credit is for the incremental cost between the electric and comparable gasoline/diesel vehicle. In this case, we could probably pick a Panamera as the comparable vehicle. If some how you came up with a difference, call it $5,000...you would get 30% of that...so $1,500. But again I think you may have a hard time justifying the Taycan being more expensive.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
They probably will give you the rebate because they're gonna earn a lot more from you with a lease.

Here dealers are giving 4-6% rebate on mrsp without much bargaining (regardless of lease or payment solution). I got around 5%. It was slightly over because the total value after rebate was xxx675.50 to which I replied that I didn't know how to write out checks with cents and so many different digits. Dealer smiled and rounded it down to xxx000.00

Much easier to write a check on that.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
You're going to lose way more than $7,500 leasing through Porsche.

For kicks I did the math.. assuming a 3 year/12k lease rate (but if they let me out with no penalty after 2 years) I would have spent an additional $46,000 leasing over buying for 2 years. That's including sales tax credit on trade in, which was worth $7,400 for me.

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (Sold) X7 M50i (sold) cayenne GTS coupe
Country flag
You're going to lose way more than $7,500 leasing through Porsche.

For kicks I did the math.. assuming a 3 year/12k lease rate (but if they let me out with no penalty after 2 years) I would have spent an additional $46,000 leasing over buying for 2 years. That's including sales tax credit on trade in, which was worth $7,400 for me.
I leased in 2020 and the total cost over the course of the lease plus trade in was drumrolllllllll

+10k

that’s right I made 10k putting 15k miles on it.

Obv not the same today but I dunno why insane math you are doing

guess2098

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan GTS, 23 EQS580 SUV
Country flag
Payment for leasing a taycan back to 2022 April is about 2-300 more than 72mo loan as lease APR are much higher than loan APR. So for 36mo X 200 more you paid 7200 more than loan and you return the car for nothing.

ssim

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
718 GT4 RS; Panamera 4S; Cayenne E-Hybrid
Country flag
If the rebate is applied as cap reduction, which it likely is, you could lease, make 2-3 payments, then pay it off or refinance into a traditional loan...and your payoff could reflect the $7500, as it was technically money down at inception. I'm not 100% sure, but that's how it worked in the past (and that's how rebates work in general). I'm confirming that the lease rebate has returned with my SA and will later post info on my thread as I hear from him!
Sponsored