Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I was really dissapointed the the million dollar Burmeister radio dosen't have AM radio. The workaround is to use Carplay and Audicy which allows me to listen (stream) to my local AM station for news/weather/traffic. But here's the problem:
It comes on (News CBS 880AM) BUT is often 2 hours behind and I can't figure out why or how to get it to be real time. Also it doesnt' always stay on for more then a few minutes.
Any HELP/ADVISE or Comments would be appreciated. Its actually the only problem with my TT after 9,000 miles.
Thanks team.
Sponsored

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Porsche Taycan No AM Radio and time delay with Carplay/Audicy Screenshot 2021-09-25 at 17.45.11

You are really disappointed that a car that explicitly lists out exactly what its specifications are doesn't have something that was never listed or implied to contain ?

?

OP
OP
Skier

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Screenshot 2021-09-25 at 17.45.11.png

You are really disappointed that a car that explicitly lists out exactly what its specifications are doesn't have something that was never listed or implied to contain ?

?
No, I am dissapointed that the installed workaround has problems that make it unusable.
Screenshot 2021-09-25 at 17.45.11.png

?
No, I am dissapointed that the Carplay/Audicy work around does not seem to work properly. The next time you respond to a question it would be nice to actually read the question as opposed to a snarky, irrelevent response on what has been a very friendly forum.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
I was really dissapointed the the million dollar Burmeister radio dosen't have AM radio. The workaround is to use Carplay and Audicy which allows me to listen (stream) to my local AM station for news/weather/traffic. But here's the problem:
It comes on (News CBS 880AM) BUT is often 2 hours behind and I can't figure out why or how to get it to be real time. Also it doesnt' always stay on for more then a few minutes.
Any HELP/ADVISE or Comments would be appreciated. Its actually the only problem with my TT after 9,000 miles.
Thanks team.
these cars do not have AM radio, no EV has an AM radio because of some sort of electrical issue from these cars that disrupt AM radio reception. if you are interested in NYC traffic and weather I believe sirius radio has local traffic and weather stations. the issue is not carplay it is caused by the app you are trying to use.

OP
OP
Skier

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
these cars do not have AM radio, no EV has an AM radio because of some sort of electrical issue from these cars that disrupt AM radio reception. if you are interested in NYC traffic and weather I believe sirius radio has local traffic and weather stations. the issue is not carplay it is caused by the app you are trying to use.
Thanks, I'll check out

OP
OP
Skier

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Thanks, I'll check out XM. Parentethically, my BMW X3 Hybrid electric does have an AM radio. Maybe your theseis is for all electric. I'll let you know.
Sponsored