Passifier

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN TURBO in production - (Tesla S-SOLD), Cayenne, MB 300 SUV
Country flag
Just notified that Porsche will not offer the ATLANTA PORSCHE EXPERIENCE for the Taycan. I was hoping to be able to fly to Atlanta and experience my new Taycan Turbo on the track and really get the feel of the car driving it in all kinds of conditions provided on the Porsche track. Also, was told that factory delivery in Germany is not available for US buyers. BUMMER !
Sponsored

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just notified that Porsche will not offer the ATLANTA PORSCHE EXPERIENCE for the Taycan. I was hoping to be able to fly to Atlanta and experience my new Taycan Turbo on the track and really get the feel of the car driving it in all kinds of conditions provided on the Porsche track. Also, was told that factory delivery in Germany is not available for US buyers. BUMMER !
maybe for later deliveries ? The LA center expects to have taycans for their driving courses “after q1” so starting sometime April - June. I didn’t ask about delivery. But you’ll be able to drive taycans on course next year. The LA center had a couple on display from their 3rd anniversary this past weekend plus the LA auto show.

OP
OP
Passifier

Passifier

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
maybe for later deliveries ? The LA center expects to have taycans for their driving courses “after q1” so starting sometime April - June. I didn’t ask about delivery. But you’ll be able to drive taycans on course next year. The LA center had a couple on display from their 3rd anniversary this past weekend plus the LA auto show.
I think you might be right about later in the year. My dealer told me I could drive a car at their place in December after they return from a meeting in Atlanta in late Nov. or early December so I presume they will get at least one car for demo rides. I am curious if you think the car is a nice in the flesh as it looks in the photo's and if it is comfortable for four passengers. I got rid of my S to buy this car and am very anxious to know more about other buyers feelings who have seen or driven the car. Thanks

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
I got the same response from my dealer as I live in Atlanta and wanted to pick up there as well. I was told that Porsche NA was not going to allow pick ups until late 2020 or early 2021 because of the charging infrastructure around the South. Both my dealer and I thought this was a crazy reason since an ICE car needs gas and it is the owner's responsibility to gas it up as it would be the owner's responsibility to know they would have to find charging stations to get back home. The dealer asked why did you even give an option in the configurer and it looks like it is still an option. They need to remove it if it isn't going to be available. We all love Porsche's or we wouldn't buy them, I just wish they didn't have all these little red flags on this new model as early adopters like us are already taking a chance on a first year model. I hope someone from Porsche reads these forums to know that our hard earned money isn't easy to come by and we should not have to guess if an option is real or not.

OP
OP
Passifier

Passifier

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Robert,
Well said and I agree with you 100%. I was looking forward to driving it back to Naples from Atlanta but now my dealer tells me I have to fly to St.Louis to take delivery and then they will ship it down here by an enclosed van. I have been burned by buying "first" off the line cars before and I vowed I would be patient when I got the urge to do it again but now am getting nervous about my decision. If there are delays beyond the time they tell me for delivery, which means we could be getting 2020 cars very close to 2021 cars on the market, and deal with the almost certain 25 to 30% depreciation will be a hard pill to swallow especially if there are new found changes for the next version like a heads up display not yet available. I found this with the Tesla which I really liked but the fit and finish on the car were awful and could not bear to deal with the insanity of the company. Oh well, just have to wait and see.........

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think you might be right about later in the year. My dealer told me I could drive a car at their place in December after they return from a meeting in Atlanta in late Nov. or early December so I presume they will get at least one car for demo rides. I am curious if you think the car is a nice in the flesh as it looks in the photo's and if it is comfortable for four passengers. I got rid of my S to buy this car and am very anxious to know more about other buyers feelings who have seen or driven the car. Thanks
sure. I went to drive some 911s this week, and the LA center had a blue turbo and a white turbo s on display. No demo rides, in fact most of the staff wasn’t allowed to touch them. Got a few pictures. The blue is identical to the 992 genetian blue. It looks very good in person. I thought it looked good before that so ymmv. The car didn’t feel as large as a panamera, it kinda seems a lot closer to the 911 than I expected. I think this is an illusion of height (it’s much longer, but only a couple inches taller than a 911). The back seats are much larger than the 911, but smaller than the panamera. I didn’t get to sit in them so I can only eyeball comfort.

most of the staff wasn’t allowed to handle them but I lucked into a conversation with one of the instructors who drove them, both on the course and on the public road at highway speed. He was very impressed. I pressed him to compare it to a 911, and gave him a hard time about how heavy it is. He stood firm that it has such a ridiculous amount of torque that it doesn’t feel heavy. It’s planted, it’s fast, and it handles well. He especially enjoyed the not-1 pedal driving and making all that mass work for you coasting. He joked at highway speeds you could probably glide for 3-4 miles. I’m pretty sure that was hyperbole, but it was a driving dynamic he liked.

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
Robert,
Well said and I agree with you 100%. I was looking forward to driving it back to Naples from Atlanta but now my dealer tells me I have to fly to St.Louis to take delivery and then they will ship it down here by an enclosed van. I have been burned by buying "first" off the line cars before and I vowed I would be patient when I got the urge to do it again but now am getting nervous about my decision. If there are delays beyond the time they tell me for delivery, which means we could be getting 2020 cars very close to 2021 cars on the market, and deal with the almost certain 25 to 30% depreciation will be a hard pill to swallow especially if there are new found changes for the next version like a heads up display not yet available. I found this with the Tesla which I really liked but the fit and finish on the car were awful and could not bear to deal with the insanity of the company. Oh well, just have to wait and see.........
Ron thanks for the kind words. I will tell you this, I was a first year 991.1 owner 2012 and that was one crazy year for the 911. Half of them made were 997 and the other half 991. I am on the fence about my Taycan 4S and if we see any significant delays in the 2020 model, I will do my best to hold out on the 2021. I never had any issues with the 991.1 first year but maybe I was lucky as it was a massive change to the 911. We are getting more confusing information on these cars over the past two weeks that doesn't help us plunk our money down and just say thanks Porsche for letting us buy something even you don't know how it works. They do need to let the dealers be trained and should have done that before release so they can speak intelligently about the cars they are selling. This is turning into quite an "evolution."

OP
OP
Passifier

Passifier

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
sure. I went to drive some 911s this week, and the LA center had a blue turbo and a white turbo s on display. No demo rides, in fact most of the staff wasn’t allowed to touch them. Got a few pictures. The blue is identical to the 992 genetian blue. It looks very good in person. I thought it looked good before that so ymmv. The car didn’t feel as large as a panamera, it kinda seems a lot closer to the 911 than I expected. I think this is an illusion of height (it’s much longer, but only a couple inches taller than a 911). The back seats are much larger than the 911, but smaller than the panamera. I didn’t get to sit in them so I can only eyeball comfort.

most of the staff wasn’t allowed to handle them but I lucked into a conversation with one of the instructors who drove them, both on the course and on the public road at highway speed. He was very impressed. I pressed him to compare it to a 911, and gave him a hard time about how heavy it is. He stood firm that it has such a ridiculous amount of torque that it doesn’t feel heavy. It’s planted, it’s fast, and it handles well. He especially enjoyed the not-1 pedal driving and making all that mass work for you coasting. He joked at highway speeds you could probably glide for 3-4 miles. I’m pretty sure that was hyperbole, but it was a driving dynamic he liked.
Interesting and wish I could see one in person as I really like the Genetian Blue but was told it was not available on the Turbo yet so I ordered the Charcoal greyish color with leather interior. Total came up to about 165k with the goodies.....lot of money for a car we cannot drive or see! Appreciate your comments about the car and will let you know if I get anymore updates.

OP
OP
Passifier

Passifier

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ron thanks for the kind words. I will tell you this, I was a first year 991.1 owner 2012 and that was one crazy year for the 911. Half of them made were 997 and the other half 991. I am on the fence about my Taycan 4S and if we see any significant delays in the 2020 model, I will do my best to hold out on the 2021. I never had any issues with the 991.1 first year but maybe I was lucky as it was a massive change to the 911. We are getting more confusing information on these cars over the past two weeks that doesn't help us plunk our money down and just say thanks Porsche for letting us buy something even you don't know how it works. They do need to let the dealers be trained and should have done that before release so they can speak intelligently about the cars they are selling. This is turning into quite an "evolution."
That 991.1 is quite a car and I sure a thrill to drive. My first Porsche was a Targa ( grey with silver/chrome roll bar) very cool but lot's of problems. I think I replace the cable to the clutch four or five times. My wife said we had a tow truck in our driveway too many times so that was that ! Ending up that era I had about six other ones but all had some issues. Of course now, it is a whole world and I will tell you that my Cayenne is a dream to drive and very reliable. In between all of those I had an Aston Martin Vantage which was of course stick shift but a hell of a lot of fun. Anyway, had a few cars over the years and always want to try the latest technology. On another note, I also feel that the dealers got the short end of this Taycan program since they are almost void of information and I believe they lost deposits and sales without solid info from the Porsche corporate people. Al we can do now is wait and see but I am sure I am going to drive one before I take delivery even though they have my deposit ( almost two years) and my firm order but always able to cancel just in case this drags on to long.

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
For the record, I just received this email from Porsche NA. You interpret it the way you see it as I would love Forum comments on this subject. Might be another reason to wait until 2021.

Delivery Admin, PCNA, AMERICAS (PCNA)
12:57 PM (3 minutes ago)
Porsche Taycan NO ATLANTA EXPERIENCE delivery {filename}

Good Afternoon,

Unfortunately, we will not be able to accommodate PEC Atlanta and LA deliveries for Taycan until possibly late 2020/early 2021. Due to the scope of this vehicle launch, we want to make sure every aspect of the delivery can be flawlessly carried out. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Joey Bolton-Rogers

PEC Delivery Coordinator
Porsche Cars North America, Inc.
One Porsche Drive
Atlanta, GA 30354

Phone: 770.290.3714
Fax: 770.290.1084
Email: [email protected]

OP
OP
Passifier

Passifier

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
For the record, I just received this email from Porsche NA. You interpret it the way you see it as I would love Forum comments on this subject. Might be another reason to wait until 2021.

Delivery Admin, PCNA, AMERICAS (PCNA)
12:57 PM (3 minutes ago)
Porsche Taycan NO ATLANTA EXPERIENCE delivery {filename}

Good Afternoon,

Unfortunately, we will not be able to accommodate PEC Atlanta and LA deliveries for Taycan until possibly late 2020/early 2021. Due to the scope of this vehicle launch, we want to make sure every aspect of the delivery can be flawlessly carried out. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Joey Bolton-Rogers

PEC Delivery Coordinator
Porsche Cars North America, Inc.
One Porsche Drive
Atlanta, GA 30354

Phone: 770.290.3714
Fax: 770.290.1084
Email: [email protected]

OP
OP
Passifier

Passifier

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My take on these kind of announcements are troubling as they might indicate that the "producer" might be ahead of their skies and heading fast down a slippery slope. Hope I am wrong !

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You all keep telling me there are reasons to wait until 2021 as if I’m going to get an allocation before then :p

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You all keep telling me there are reasons to wait until 2021 as if I’m going to get an allocation before then :p
I have an allocation and am not sure I want to pull the trigger as I have never seen such an odd rollout of any product. Even Elon shares what he knows about his products.

OP
OP
Passifier

Passifier

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well said....patience is a virtue but you have a good point about Elon! Take a look at the new truck and the video where he shows the bulletproof glass and then it breaks easily when a guy throws something against the side windows...woops ........
Sponsored