No Remote Access via App

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Obviously a known system / software issue.
Reboot and complete reset are universal software solutions. Factory reset as a solution more often indicates they have no idea what the issue is.
Sponsored

lubricious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Correct

What happened exactly was:

On pickup day, my SA asked me to add my account to the car. I did. While I was doing it, it asked for a 4 digit pin (which I never defined when I created my Porsche account). The SA said to define a new one in my profile (on website) which I did. I then input the new 4 digit pin and the account was added to the PCM. I confirmed on my mobile app that the car also showed connected.

This lasted about 15 minutes or so. After that time, the app showed the "No remote Access". My SA said he had received a notice in the morning that there could be service interruptions during that day and that I shouldn't worry, it would come back again.

Since I had no desire to stay longer than needed, I also shrugged it off and proceeded to my maiden voyage.

Back at home at late night, I locked the car and went to sleep. The next morning, the same "No remote access" was showing in the app. So I figured (based on other threads on this forum) that the best way to try to solve it was to remove the account from the car and re-add it. However, I didn't want to remove the account as I had already setup my seat, mirrors and other preferences (it was a long drive back home) so I thought that before deleting the account, I could try to add it "again" and see what would happen... I tried to add it as a secondary user (the PCM shows a qr code) and when I entered my login credentials, it popped up an error "This account is already added to this vehicle". About 5 seconds later, my mobile app lit up and everything appeared connected properly and has been ever since (1.5 months into ownership).

So yeah, trying to re-adding the same account must trigger something on the Porsche API (probably some internal sanity checks) that forces "hung" accounts to become properly paired with the vehicle.

Want to add that this worked for me too! Had issue with our second Porsche (just picked up a Cayenne Turbo) and had tried everything else without success. Adding second user with same profile instantly forced the main profile through. Thanks for sharing this tip!!!