gtm

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'73 Lotus, '23 GTS
Country flag
Thank you for the suggestion! I followed your steps and it says active until 2/2024
I figured it was unlikely to solve your problem but seemed worth checking since you had a Taycan on your account previously. Good luck solving the issue. Sometimes Porsche's software just doesn't like to play nice.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
9 months ago I had a similar situation: Both myporsche app and myporsche website reported no remote access. PCM showed LTE on and privacy mode deactivated. My user account in PCM is primary account.

Connect services in myporsche profile showed the appropriate services were enabled.

Trying a porsche app that has since been discontinued gave same no remote access message but added some instructions - if this was primary account, delete the primary account from PCM and re-add it. To do this I had to enter the 4 digit security PIN that I set in myporsche account when Taycan was received. (Also, to add a user account, the car has to have datacomm access with Porsche servers.)

It worked for me.

Caution: other posters who had reported problems with remote access said that deleting the user account from PCM resulted in them only being able to use the guest account.
Good luck.

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...r-and-app-no-remote-access.12611/#post-187228

masmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, A6 Allroad, GT3
Country flag
Had this happen to my Taycan yesterday too. The app would have no remote access to car info and function etc despite having no problems with connectivity on the PCM's SIM card and no issues with internet, so I figured it must've been just a server issue on Porsche's end that would hopefully right itself eventually. I also thought it might have something to do with the new Apple Maps/Carplay EV routing that was just rolled out and I had just activated the day before I had this issue, but that could've been coincidental. It was the first issue with the Porsche app failing to connect to vehicle in just 7 months of ownership so I figured I'd give it a day before making a call and starting a ticket with Porsche, and sure enough, everything was back to normal today. Didn't even have to do a PCM soft reset.

OP
OP
Icey4s

Icey4s

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo S, 21 Audi SQ8, 20 330i, 19 M5 C
Country flag
Last night I did the 2 finger reset and then it would not log me in. I changed my password for my Porsche ID did another reset and then it logged in. All the sudden my remote services started loading on the app but it was saying the car was in privacy mode when it wasn't. Few hours later it was working fine, then a few hours after back into privacy mode and now back to normal again. Not sure what is going on.

A new issue I'm having is, when I get into the car I have to enter my PIN to log me in. I do and all is well, but when I go to the setting to try and click "login without PIN" and enter my PIN to activate this, it says "Cannot activate your account" or something along those lines. So for now I'm stuck entering my PIN every time I get in to drive.

masmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, A6 Allroad, GT3
Country flag
This issue seems to keep happening, where my Taycan would not connect to Porsche Connect services and app becomes useless for remote functions, so I did finally make a call to Porsche and escalated a ticket. They did get back with me and said it is a known issue on their end with the Taycan with remote services being offline and they are currently working on it - and that I will be getting a courtesy call once it's resolved.

Coincidentally, this all seemed to start happening when Porsche rolled out the Apple Maps EV routing function last week where the Apple Maps app syncs with the Porsche app to get live vehicle info, so I'm wondering if that function has borked or overloaded their servers somehow. Just my theory. Hope they get it sorted soon. The hot weather is upon us and I did enjoy having remote pre-cooling of the cabin after parking under the hot sun all day.

Bigga78

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne Coupe
Country flag
I had that during collection. Just try to add your user again to the car with the qr code. It will violently complain that user is already setup and bam, instantly connected and made all options available. Seemed it only needed a "push" to properly pair the car to the system.
I had the same issue and this worked for me. Thank you!

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I had that during collection. Just try to add your user again to the car with the qr code. It will violently complain that user is already setup and bam, instantly connected and made all options available. Seemed it only needed a "push" to properly pair the car to the system.
This is interesting solution. Could you provide more details?
If I understand the situation correctly, your user account was already established in the PCM. When you opened your PorscheID in the app, you got the error "No remote access".

To fix this, you went to PCM and added your account again as an additional user?

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
This is interesting solution. Could you provide more details?
If I understand the situation correctly, your user account was already established in the PCM. When you opened your PorscheID in the app, you got the error "No remote access".

To fix this, you went to PCM and added your account again as an additional user?
Correct

What happened exactly was:

On pickup day, my SA asked me to add my account to the car. I did. While I was doing it, it asked for a 4 digit pin (which I never defined when I created my Porsche account). The SA said to define a new one in my profile (on website) which I did. I then input the new 4 digit pin and the account was added to the PCM. I confirmed on my mobile app that the car also showed connected.

This lasted about 15 minutes or so. After that time, the app showed the "No remote Access". My SA said he had received a notice in the morning that there could be service interruptions during that day and that I shouldn't worry, it would come back again.

Since I had no desire to stay longer than needed, I also shrugged it off and proceeded to my maiden voyage.

Back at home at late night, I locked the car and went to sleep. The next morning, the same "No remote access" was showing in the app. So I figured (based on other threads on this forum) that the best way to try to solve it was to remove the account from the car and re-add it. However, I didn't want to remove the account as I had already setup my seat, mirrors and other preferences (it was a long drive back home) so I thought that before deleting the account, I could try to add it "again" and see what would happen... I tried to add it as a secondary user (the PCM shows a qr code) and when I entered my login credentials, it popped up an error "This account is already added to this vehicle". About 5 seconds later, my mobile app lit up and everything appeared connected properly and has been ever since (1.5 months into ownership).

So yeah, trying to re-adding the same account must trigger something on the Porsche API (probably some internal sanity checks) that forces "hung" accounts to become properly paired with the vehicle.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
@tchavei Thanks.
Adding an existing primary account as a secondary account in PCM gave an error message, but fixed problem on app of no remote access.
Certainly worth trying before deleting and re-adding the primary account, which is what fixed this problem for me before.

Lynden

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Great solution, I got the ‘no remote access error’ this week after 2.5 months in my 4S. This solved the problem instantly. Thanks

Wawando

First Name
Filipe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S, Taycan CT on the way
Country flag
I had this issue today in my 2023 taycan gts st:
1) Choose delete account from PCM
2) Reenter your login and pass.

Solved!

KyleL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Correct

What happened exactly was:

On pickup day, my SA asked me to add my account to the car. I did. While I was doing it, it asked for a 4 digit pin (which I never defined when I created my Porsche account). The SA said to define a new one in my profile (on website) which I did. I then input the new 4 digit pin and the account was added to the PCM. I confirmed on my mobile app that the car also showed connected.

This lasted about 15 minutes or so. After that time, the app showed the "No remote Access". My SA said he had received a notice in the morning that there could be service interruptions during that day and that I shouldn't worry, it would come back again.

Since I had no desire to stay longer than needed, I also shrugged it off and proceeded to my maiden voyage.

Back at home at late night, I locked the car and went to sleep. The next morning, the same "No remote access" was showing in the app. So I figured (based on other threads on this forum) that the best way to try to solve it was to remove the account from the car and re-add it. However, I didn't want to remove the account as I had already setup my seat, mirrors and other preferences (it was a long drive back home) so I thought that before deleting the account, I could try to add it "again" and see what would happen... I tried to add it as a secondary user (the PCM shows a qr code) and when I entered my login credentials, it popped up an error "This account is already added to this vehicle". About 5 seconds later, my mobile app lit up and everything appeared connected properly and has been ever since (1.5 months into ownership).

So yeah, trying to re-adding the same account must trigger something on the Porsche API (probably some internal sanity checks) that forces "hung" accounts to become properly paired with the vehicle.
Worked perfectly. Many thanks,

MY22PCT

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo Turbo S
Country flag
Jus
@tchavei Thanks.
Adding an existing primary account as a secondary account in PCM gave an error message, but fixed problem on app of no remote access.
Certainly worth trying before deleting and re-adding the primary account, which is what fixed this problem for me before.
just wanted to report that this worked for me.
I had already deleted and reinstalled my user id and p/w with no beneficial effect.

As soon as acknowledged that I was trying to enter a duplicate account, the app on my iPhone suddenly showed my remote access had been re established!

thank you.

Wawando

First Name
Filipe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S, Taycan CT on the way
Country flag
…The next morning, the same "No remote access" was showing in the app. So I figured (based on other threads on this forum) that the best way to try to solve it was to remove the account from the car and re-add it. However, I didn't want to remove the account as I had already setup my seat, mirrors and other preferences (it was a long drive back home) so I thought that before deleting the account, I could try to add it "again" and see what would happen... I tried to add it as a secondary user (the PCM shows a qr code) and when I entered my login credentials, it popped up an error "This account is already added to this vehicle". About 5 seconds later, my mobile app lit up and everything appeared connected properly and has been ever since (1.5 months into ownership).

Just to reconfirm this works, thanks for sharing!

Detune

First Name
Colum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Tried adding account again and PCM rejected it. Fully reset the PCM and still no luck.
De-Registered, then removed primary account. Still no luck. Called support and they told me to reset the car to factory settings which worked.
Obviously a known system / software issue.
Sponsored