First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ipace, Macan GTS, TVR Chimaera 500
Country flag
Hi,

Picked new car up on Saturday and everything is good except the MyPorsche app is showing restricted view on the remote functions. I've setup the user ID etc in the car. I've checked the privacy control is off. The only thing I can see is that the app says you need to enter an activation code in the PCM but there is nowhere to do that (looks like that maybe a throwback). Version is previous not the new "coloured PCM".

Did anyone else hit this issue and how did they sort it out?

On a normal car I would be so worried but on an EV remote control is pretty useful.

Thanks,
Peter
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Was it all working prior to leaving the dealership?

Have you had email confirmation that all Porsche Connect services have been activated?

Log into My Porsche web site not app) and review each of the connect services. It could be that activation is pending as it can take a wee while.

OP
OP

Discohead

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi,

Thanks for reply. Dealer went through it and setup pcm login and everything seemed to be setup as required. Just that the remote services haven't come online. Might try deleting login on car and trying it again from scratch.

OP
OP

Discohead

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Contacted dealer and they checked it out. Said there was a glitch and advised to delete account in PCM and set it up again. Whatever the glitch was that solved the problem.

DrLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (one day)
Country flag
Has anyone else had this problem recently? On the new PCM, there isn't an option to sign in with the Porsche ID when creating a new profile on the car, so I don't know how to enable these services on my car I picked up yesterday and the dealer doesn't know either.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Has anyone else had this problem recently? On the new PCM, there isn't an option to sign in with the Porsche ID when creating a new profile on the car, so I don't know how to enable these services on my car I picked up yesterday and the dealer doesn't know either.
Yes- just a few hours ago both my App and the browser version claimed that the car had Privacy Mode enabled. I went to check- it wasn't- then within a few minutes everything started working correctly.

Lars

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 911 C4S Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Yes- just a few hours ago both my App and the browser version claimed that the car had Privacy Mode enabled. I went to check- it wasn't- then within a few minutes everything started working correctly.
My car also went into Privacy mode on Friday. Tried to turn it off. Emailed Porsche Connect team who wanted a photo of the dash with privacy off (after I’d done it). Next day it was all ok. Not heard back what caused it. I will ask though.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I had a second instance yesterday evening- the app claimed Privacy Mode activated, but a few minutes later just before I unlocked the car with the fob, it (the app- I don't think the car has ever had privacy mode activated since I took delivery) changed its mind and started working. I never experienced this issue in my nearly 3 years of Cayenne ownership with the same app and its predecessor (Porsche Connect?).
Sponsored