OP
OP

THAICAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN 4S / MG ZS EV
Country flag
I don't remember having to access the Central Display to activate Smart Lift on MY20 (with WMA5).

What happens when you press the lift button on the dash?
After the vehicle lifts it should ask if you want to save the location.
2020 Porsche-Taycan-Drivers-Owners-Manual (1) 190.jpg
Thank you.

When I press the lift button on the dash, the car lifts perfectly. But it has never asked me if I want to save the location.

OP
OP

THAICAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN 4S / MG ZS EV
Country flag
This video shows how to set Smart Lift.:

It's a very simple process. But when I copy what this guy does, the menu list in my car is not the same as his.

He goes from Settings to Vehicle and then to Smart Lift. When I click on Settings, there is no Vehicle listed - but there is Car instead. However, when I click on Car, there is no Smart Lift listed.

Altamimi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche taycan 4s, nissan patrol y62
Country flag
I live in qatar and yes smart lift is one of the things that are missing in our region.
alongside with Porsche connect app and air CarPlay, and it really sucks that you paid for the full features bust some of them are just not supported in the region.

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
Smart Lift has now disappeared from my PCM menu. I disabled it to do a run nearby to see if I can drive home without it, and when I got home to enable it -- gone. I've already rebooted via engineering and even waited a day (twice). Ugh. It seems to still be enabled for another account, but the menu is gone and it's off for my account.

So one account can't disable it, while the other can't enable. Fun! Porsche and software. Love it!

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I mean, there's even a sport chrono menu option there. I don't have that despite having that package and it's clock.
I checked in the car today, no smart lift tick box. I don't have chrono. Strange...

OP
OP

THAICAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN 4S / MG ZS EV
Country flag
D
I checked in the car today, no smart lift tick box. I don't have chrono. Strange...
Does your Smart Lift still work? Can you still save locations?

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Does your Smart Lift still work? Can you still save locations?
It never worked before the WMA5 update. After the update - completed with a new PCM CU - I never have to option to activate it. If I press the car lift button on the right side of the instrument display, the car lifts but no smart lift message...

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
My smart lift came back yesterday. Could finally just turn it on.

Though now I have a blue taycan with sick 21" (I have 20" on mine) as Porsche picked my car up to replace something in the rain sensor. Hope they take a day so I can cruise in this all day and night. Spend that free energy. :devil:

OP
OP

THAICAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN 4S / MG ZS EV
Country flag
Did you ever get this resolved and how?
Thank you for asking.

I still do not have Smart Lift but at least I got an explanation from Porsche as to why:
Strange as it may seem, it turns out that, for the Taycan, the Porsche Connect app is indeed required for Smart Lift to work, and the app is not available in Thailand - and will not be for the foreseeable future. So no Smart Lift, unfortunately.

I must say I was very impressed with the Porsche dealership in Bangkok and how they dealt with my "complaint".

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
Thank you for asking.

I still do not have Smart Lift but at least I got an explanation from Porsche as to why:
Strange as it may seem, it turns out that, for the Taycan, the Porsche Connect app is indeed required for Smart Lift to work, and the app is not available in Thailand - and will not be for the foreseeable future. So no Smart Lift, unfortunately.

I must say I was very impressed with the Porsche dealership in Bangkok and how they dealt with my "complaint".
I’m not sure why the Porsche Connect app would be required. I have the app here in Canada and I don’t have smart lift.

Love Bangkok by the way. I used to go there every year.

OP
OP

THAICAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN 4S / MG ZS EV
Country flag
I’m not sure why the Porsche Connect app would be required. I have the app here in Canada and I don’t have smart lift.

Love Bangkok by the way. I used to go there every year.
Like you, I at first did not believe it was dependent on having the app but the people that I spoke with, including a German Porsche technician, convinced me it is true.

Interestingly, the 911 has Smart Lift but it does not require an app for it to work.

What explanation have you been given for the lack of Smart Lift on your car?

By the way, I don't live in Bangkok; I'm 550 miles away in Phuket.

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
Like you, I at first did not believe it was dependent on having the app but the people that I spoke with, including a German Porsche technician, convinced me it is true.

Interestingly, the 911 has Smart Lift but it does not require an app for it to work.

What explanation have you been given for the lack of Smart Lift on your car?

By the way, I don't live in Bangkok; I'm 550 miles away in Phuket.
No explanation. They don’t know. I’m trying to get ahold of other Porsche Pros but everybody is on holiday.

I stayed at the JW Marriott in Phuket before. Was amazing.
Sponsored