noob Taycan EVSE question

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I just had the same Autel Maxicharger 50 Amp installed (hardwired) and it replaced a Tesla Wall Connector (2nd gen). I like it so far and paid less than $460 for it when it was an Amazon Lightning Deal. Very easy to change the amps in the app and I set mine to 48 amps. Only EVSE I know of that connects with Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and ethernet.

Our other EVSE is a ChargePoint HomeFlex 50 amp and it's also a very nice unit, but much more expensive. The ChargePoint Home Flex replaced a Schneider 30 amp EVSE we got in 2012 for a Nissan Leaf. Back in those days some 32 amp EVSEs were close to a $1,000 !!
Yeah I def got lucky re timing as I purchased mine back in ca Sept 2021 and availed of the really good incentives which essentially made it ca $500 - but would need to look back at my post as I believe there were some addl tax breaks on that no. too (or a combination with the house installation), but indeed as of today a much more expensive unit.
Sponsored

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW XI/Taycan 21 4S
Country flag
you're fine - if you plug any EV into a higher capacity EVSE the car will only pull what it can use - an EVSE does not "push" electrons into an EV - the vehicle "pulls" what it can handle.

there is no issue.
Above answer is correct.