misterfring

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne
Country flag
Anyone have their evse cable attached to the ceiling in some way. I’m considering where to install my juicebox , and I’d love attach it against the wall and the string the cable across the ceiling and the have a retractable solution for the plug. I haven’t been able to find an existing product/solution that would work. Thanks!
Sponsored

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag

Artman

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I plan to do a derivative of the below setup. We won't have to have the metal bracing since our charging port is towards the front. With the cable having a fastening point in the ceiling at just the right location for charging and a hook on the wall for when not in use, there should be a clear walkway in either scenario.

Cable Management

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Anyone have their evse cable attached to the ceiling in some way. I’m considering where to install my juicebox , and I’d love attach it against the wall and the string the cable across the ceiling and the have a retractable solution for the plug. I haven’t been able to find an existing product/solution that would work. Thanks!
I vaguely remember that @evanevery had either his charger or his charger cable mounted on his garage’s ceiling. Maybe he can shed some light?

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
So my Tesla HPWC is on the overhead door-end of my garage because Tesla. What I did was get a length of 1.5” flexible, temperature-rated flex conduit (90° C?) and attached it to the outside of the overhead door rail. I used those adhesive squares with the four cable-tie slots. I spaced these about 4” apart along the rail.
I used a small saws-all to cut a slit the length of the conduit that I used to tuck the charging cable into the conduit.
No issues with it falling down after a few months. You could probable go 2” conduit to make it a little easier getting the cable into the conduit.

I’ll take some pictures next week.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
Last edited: