f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
The Model S road noise came from the front doors/windows.
I would call that wind noise not road noise.
Maybe yet another difference between American English and English but for me road noise comes from the road tyre interface and intrudes mainly via the structure, which means cars with stiffer suspension bushes for handling are usually noisier than the marshmallow designs.
Sponsored

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I would call that wind noise not road noise.
Maybe yet another difference between American English and English but for me road noise comes from the road tyre interface and intrudes mainly via the structure, which means cars with stiffer suspension bushes for handling are usually noisier than the marshmallow designs.
(American) English is not my first, or even second fluent language, but I get what you mean. I am not sure whether it was purely wind noise, or also tire noise which was making its way into the cabin via the doors. I do know that when I swapped out tires once, the noise did get worse - turned out the tire store gave me non-noise-insulated version. I made sure I got the ones with foam lining inside next time.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Yeah, the PCM gets a lot of hate. But from the apart from the egregious issues that need to be fixed (mostly the hard crashes or UI crawling down to a halt, requiring reset), I'm actually very happy with the UI concept, ergonomics, and functionality of it.
I think people are a bit behind the curve with things.....
Most of the PCM issues got sorted out with uPdate.
Mine is fine now. Very happy with it.
But certain elements want to promote any negative Taycan issues, whether they are real or not.

Porsche are moving through the Taycan issues in a very German like manner. And I think they will carry on doing it.

Tesla are going the other way from what I hear. Hiding key settings in the big screen.

I trust Porsche to sort the issues out. I wouldn't trust Tesla, as it all depends on the whim of one man on any particular day.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I think people are a bit behind the curve with things.....
Most of the PCM issues got sorted out with uPdate.
Mine is fine now. Very happy with it.
Two biggest issue I have with the PCM, it regularly locks me out of the phone app access, with the phone app saying PCM is in privacy mode when it's not, and the PCM not booting on occasion, leaving me driving without any PCM functions (except for rear view camera, that shows up even when PCM is just showing "Taycan" on the screen - good for Porsche on that one).

When it works as designed, I can live with it. Yes, there are things it's missing (like an ability to show few nav steps ahead of time) but I can adjust. However, it's hard to adjust to staring at "Taycan" on the screen instead of seeing a map or CarPlay window, or not being able to connect to the car to start pre-cooling (yes, a decade of driving Teslas spoiled me with an app which just works).

alexz

First Name
Alexandre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS / Tesla P100D
Country flag
.If you have to choose between the real wheel drive Taycan and the Tesla S you would be a fool to buy the Tesla which are roughly the same price
The RWD is definitely too slow after living with a Tesla. It's just not possible anymore...
You need at least 4S.

alexz

First Name
Alexandre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS / Tesla P100D
Country flag
Is this with the thermally sealed glass? Which wheels and tires on each? Having driven a Tesla Model S 75 for six years, my Taycan is much quieter. I’ve been on calls and most people are amazed I’m in the car. In my Tesla I got lots of complaints that they couldn’t hear me clearly (Carplay is possibly a factor here). My Tesla felt flimsy. The Porsche feels solid. And on the highway it’s not even close.
Agree, I drove an s75 last year and it was very noisy. The materials seemed of very poor quality, and nothing seemed properly attached. It was shaking all over...
Really no comparison with recent models.

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW XI/Taycan 21 4S
Country flag
The RWD is definitely too slow after living with a Tesla. It's just not possible anymore...
You need at least 4S.
Ok may be a bit slower but still the spartan exterior/road holding to me is a turn off but I get your point
Sponsored