passenger display not working after update

thedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I just got my 2020 turbo back from the update. When I turn the car on, the "Taycan" name pops up on the passenger screen and then it turns off. After that the screen remains black even if there is a passenger in the seat. The screen is getting power because I can see it's backlit, but nothing shows on it. I have the setting set to on in the menu and I've had standbye both off and on and nothing changes it. Is there something I'm not turning on correctly?
Sponsored

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
That's indeed the correct way to activate it again.
It sounds silly but just try again tomorrow.
Really. :)

OP
OP
thedoctor

thedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
That's indeed the correct way to activate it again.
It sounds silly but just try again tomorrow.
Really. :)
It’s not silly. Because I have had some glitchy things in this car just go away on their own. I’m on day 3 of the abnormal screen behavior.

TomP

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Carerra 4 GTS, GT4RS
Country flag
Try tapping the screen and see if it "wakes up".
My MY20 did the same thing, now it seems to remember to turn on after a re-start.
Yes Glitchy!

OP
OP
thedoctor

thedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Update. The dealership had to reprogram something or other and now the screen is alive again! So hopefully nothing stopped working after they fixed the screen.

OP
OP
thedoctor

thedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Update of update. When I got the Taycan back after the programming fix for the passenger screen I noticed that the color changed on the interior lights. Then I noticed that the interior light color selection changed to the dynamic lighting that changes with the music. I thought I just didn't know how to activate it after the 2020 update, but it appears as if the update wasn't complete and now it got completed since it added that feature. Well, today my Taycan decided to revert itself back because now the passenger screen doesn't work again and the dynamic light option has disappeared. Wow! That's a kick in the nuts after I thought everything would be working for awhile. I guess she's going to have to go back to the dealer for another 1 1/2 weeks. Ugh.
Sponsored