Passenger Door Handle Error Mystery

oynag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Hello everyone. Been reading a lot here in the buildup to and after getting my 2020 Frozen Blue 4S in November. Mostly an amazing experience with a great car. Avoided the glitches and things often discussed on these threads. Until now- right after the software upgrade in April (took the dealer three days but I'm happy with the new features and things working a little more smoothly) the passenger door inside handle stopped working normally. You have to pull it all the way open instead of the small "catch" you usually get. The exterior handle also sometimes requires extra lift to get the door open. And the window up/down switch stopped working. Very weird. Here's the dash error I get nearly every time someone exits the passenger door:

Porsche Taycan Passenger Door Handle Error Mystery Dash Error

I can tab over to that dash widget and clear it every time. Just gets old.

Did a search, didn't see anything. Curious if anyone else has experienced this. It's at the dealer now and they are going to take the door apart to see what's up.

On the plus side related to the door handles, they are much more sensitive to the key being near and raise up much more consistently than before the upgrade.

Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP

oynag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Mystery solved. They removed the door panel and found a loose connection on the cables that involve the door handle and window. Unsure how it came loose and it still seems a little suspicious but both work now. Closing the loop for posterity.