OP
whitex

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Assuming you have comfort access, it doesn’t sound like it’s operating correctly. While there are some quirks with the auto-present handles or locking indent, I have not experienced what you described.

My door handles auto-present whenever I get close to the car with keyfob in pocket, very consistently. One of the more common quirks is when I try to open/pull the auto-presented door handle, it retracts and locks itself. The other quirk is pressing the indent doesn’t lock the car. They happen, but not very frequently.
I disabled the automatic presentation on proximity of the key, because I don't want the car to unlock itself every time I walk by it in the garage with keys in my pocket (going outside or to a different car). It's supposed to present handles when I touch them, which it does, 2/3 of the time. The other third, sometimes it works when I grab it, but lately it started to just not present at all, unless I touch another handle or press the fob button to unlock.
Sponsored

Bao1303

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT 4S, BMW X5 45e, various bikes
Country flag
Theres a small protrusion underneath the handle. Its my understanding that is the sensor. When touching this the handles present. On the driver side however it only works now and then, and I often have to to try 2-4 times for it to react. All other doors work as intended, amd yes I have tried to clean it. This is a 23 model produced November 22

OP
OP
whitex

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Theres a small protrusion underneath the handle. Its my understanding that is the sensor. When touching this the handles present. On the driver side however it only works now and then, and I often have to to try 2-4 times for it to react. All other doors work as intended, amd yes I have tried to clean it. This is a 23 model produced November 22
My car came out the factory the following month and seems to have the same problem. Perhaps they had a bad batch of driver side door handles at the factory, or had a fresh batch of workers who did not assemble them correctly, maybe did not observe ESD precautions, who knows?
Sponsored