First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hi there,

I've just picked up a brand new Taycan Turbo from my local dealer. It was a stock car, brand new not registered etc.

On collection there were a number of issues, the biggest being the passenger display. I only got round the corner from the dealership before noticing and took it right back. Sometimes it's fine, most of the time it's flickery all down the right-hand side, in a band that's about 4-5 cms wide.

Two pictures:

Porsche Taycan Passenger screen flickering and whiting out 1630618789324
Porsche Taycan Passenger screen flickering and whiting out 1630618809071

Sometimes that white bar extends all the way to the bottom of the screen and is solid (no flickering). My thought was a faulty connection.

The dealership have said that it's going to take several days to fix and involve a strip-down with Porsche in Germany on the phone. This makes me nervous... what ever goes back the same after a strip-down? In the context of a brand new £140k car, I'm not particularly happy with this and feel I've been sold a dud. What are others thoughts? I'm new to Porsche and Porsche Taycans

Other issues were: blob of some resin/goo on the passender door near the handle (exterior), and quite a few scratches on the passenger side plastic fin (above the charging port)

Thanks.

• Sad
Reactions: B61

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
Hi there,

I've just picked up a brand new Taycan Turbo from my local dealer. It was a stock car, brand new not registered etc.

On collection there were a number of issues, the biggest being the passenger display. I only got round the corner from the dealership before noticing and took it right back. Sometimes it's fine, most of the time it's flickery all down the right-hand side, in a band that's about 4-5 cms wide.

Sometimes that white bar extends all the way to the bottom of the screen and is solid (no flickering). My thought was a faulty connection.

The dealership have said that it's going to take several days to fix and involve a strip-down with Porsche in Germany on the phone. This makes me nervous... what ever goes back the same after a strip-down? In the context of a brand new £140k car, I'm not particularly happy with this and feel I've been sold a dud. What are others thoughts? I'm new to Porsche and Porsche Taycans

Other issues were: blob of some resin/goo on the passender door near the handle (exterior), and quite a few scratches on the passenger side plastic fin (above the charging port)

Thanks.
that's not good, it needs to be replaced. how could that car be allowed to be delivered in that condition?

Njsimons13

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (on order), Taycan 4s, Q8, SQ5
Country flag
I have an issue with my passenger screen as well……..dealer has removed it a couple times I have no issues since them removing it with scratches or anything vibrating…….. you can’t tell the dash was removed and put back together.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pook

Pook

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
That's great, thanks for the reassurance regarding the dashboard strip. They have said they'll try a "smart" repair on the scratched fin.
I've noticed my Taycan has that annoying whine noise on slow speed accelleration, something like the noise you'd get from an old banger with clapped out brakes, but just not as loud. Seems common though. Added that to the list for them to check.

• Wow

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 FBM CT4 (sold), MY23 EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Country flag
I have an issue with my passenger screen as well……..dealer has removed it a couple times I have no issues since them removing it with scratches or anything vibrating…….. you can’t tell the dash was removed and put back together.
The passenger display in my two week old MY22 Taycan 4 CT was flickering on two separate occasions. The second occurrence happened this evening and the entire screen turned white. Was your passenger screen issue resolved without actually replacing the screen with a new unit?

OP
OP
Pook

Pook

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
That doesn't sound good. Very similar to mine. Mine got worse as it warmed up. Unfortunately I needed the entire unit swapping out. Took them just over a day and it's been fine ever since.

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That doesn't sound good. Very similar to mine. Mine got worse as it warmed up. Unfortunately I needed the entire unit swapping out. Took them just over a day and it's been fine ever since.
I was afraid that the passenger and central display units would have to be replaced. How long did it take to get the parts? The problem seems to correct itself after powering down and restarting after a few minutes. I am hoping the dealer will order the parts before tearing the dash apart.

Njsimons13

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The passenger display in my two week old MY22 Taycan 4 CT was flickering on two separate occasions. The second occurrence happened this evening and the entire screen turned white. Was your passenger screen issue resolved without actually replacing the screen with a new unit?
My car was at the dealer twice for the issue totaling about 3 months. It took about 3 weeks whenever they ordered a new part. Its not the unit that was the issue it was a wiring harness. Hopefully now that they fixed my issue your wait won't be as long.

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My car was at the dealer twice for the issue totaling about 3 months. It took about 3 weeks whenever they ordered a new part. Its not the unit that was the issue it was a wiring harness. Hopefully now that they fixed my issue your wait won't be as long.
Can you share a copy of the description of the repairs from the warranty receipt? The fact that the flickering problem is so intermittent does seem to point to something besides the screen itself being the cause.

Njsimons13

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Can you share a copy of the description of the repairs from the warranty receipt? The fact that the flickering problem is so intermittent does seem to point to something besides the screen itself being the cause.
I sent you a personal message with the info.

OP
OP
Pook

Pook

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I was afraid that the passenger and central display units would have to be replaced. How long did it take to get the parts? The problem seems to correct itself after powering down and restarting after a few minutes. I am hoping the dealer will order the parts before tearing the dash apart.
It took a couple of days to get the parts and they only took the dash apart when they had it. Was harder getting Porsche to just book the car in
Sponsored