First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Coupé Hybrid / 21 Taycan 4s perf.batt.plus
Country flag
Hi guys

just a moment to report news of software upgrade: such a big delusion...

for what concern the wifi and bluethooth connection , now it's faster then ever, very good , and it's seems to be stable ( but i retired my car yesterday at 5:30 p.m. )

power reprogrammin : some times software went in bug and reduce the thrust at the start ( normal and range mode ) Now, seems to be very reactive ...good

On board charging system 22 KW reprogramming : not tried yet

PCM 6 : pay attention -----at the moment the software is only 3397 -Stop. Over. End of game.

I've got very angry with the dealer ...,you called me and informed about pcm upgrade,... 45 days to get the appointment, 48 hours to update and then ???? i'm waiting to obtain answers...
no words
I am more and more convinced that we, the owners, know the taycan more than the dealers.

sfr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4s MY 2021
Country flag
Hi guys

just a moment to report news of software upgrade: such a big delusion...

for what concern the wifi and bluethooth connection , now it's faster then ever, very good , and it's seems to be stable ( but i retired my car yesterday at 5:30 p.m. )

power reprogrammin : some times software went in bug and reduce the thrust at the start ( normal and range mode ) Now, seems to be very reactive ...good

On board charging system 22 KW reprogramming : not tried yet

PCM 6 : pay attention -----at the moment the software is only 3397 -Stop. Over. End of game.

I've got very angry with the dealer ...,you called me and informed about pcm upgrade,... 45 days to get the appointment, 48 hours to update and then ???? i'm waiting to obtain answers...
no words
I am more and more convinced that we, the owners, know the taycan more than the dealers.
Really a shame !
What will you do ?

Last edited:

buhhy

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo S, Lexus IS350
Country flag
What does the software version mean? Is 3397 the previous PCM version?

Colin the Best

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Coupé Hybrid / 21 Taycan 4s perf.batt.plus
Country flag
@sfr probably to write at Porsche Italia...

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I think hardware may be a factor but that just means bigger fixes for Porsche. At some point backwards compatibility becomes a challenge with formfactor changes but it's way too soon in the lifecycle of the Taycan to require a major formfactor change.

Consider that it was easy to have the MY20 go through the updates for MY21 features like wireless CarPlay etc. And, MY20/21 is riddled with S/W glitches. Ultimately, I think we can all agree that PCM without a substantial fix, it remains 'broken'. The software on its own would at best be ready for BETA or limited release, but they didn't want to hold the release up with it.

They could take an approach that focuses on bug fixes but they haven't been quick to act. I think it would be reasonable to assume that they need to stabilize the fleet before they bifurcated the PCM releases and leaving an entire MY with broken software. Otherwise, they will split the code and have 2 platforms to maintain which will both need version control and maintenance and the first needs a great deal of attention - would be a terrible decision and create even more problems downstream.

My guess is that this will be a fix across the fleet and if MY20 requires hardware to repair its shortfalls it will be a Porsche u/g at their expense. As it stands at the moment, they essentially have 2 separate builds being tested in the field. This version 6 isn't widely distributed for us to even know if it solves all of the functional issues - if its just as buggy...well, no thanks.

Last edited:

@lpher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT4
Country flag
Looking at the partnumbers for the PCM main units, the 2020-2021 models have a different partnumber than the 2022 models.

So there is most likely an hardware update here...we just dont know how big it is. My guess is that, knowing the VAG group, if there is a complete partnumber change, it probably is a significant change.

OP
OP
356B

356B

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
9114s
Newest observation. I just received "Navigation Update, Infotainment" and and lost all my comfort entry setints (lock didn't beep. proximity didn't unlock". When I went to settings they had been wiped by update (all blocks on checked, I am guessing from updte). When I reset them to checked (on), the comfort settings seem to be more responsive. Proximity door unlock is much more consistant, and touching the door handle locks the doors 9/10 times now. So updates my be mislabeled (by our standards), but I think there is progress in all of these "Navigation updates".

RaidenTsao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY20 E-tron 55. Taycan Cross Turismo 4 ordered
Country flag
Checking Samsung’s announcement. There were two different chipsets announced for MIB3 (infotainment system for VAG). The articles focus ob Audi but I highly doubt VAG would have different hardware for MIB3
Old chipset first introduced in MY19 A4s, https://news.samsung.com/global/sam...system-in-the-new-audi-a4-and-upcoming-models
New chipset available in late 2021 (I guess MY22): https://news.samsung.com/global/sam...form-for-audis-in-vehicle-infotainment-system
Looking at the partnumbers for the PCM main units, the 2020-2021 models have a different partnumber than the 2022 models.

So there is most likely an hardware update here...we just dont know how big it is. My guess is that, knowing the VAG group, if there is a complete partnumber change, it probably is a significant change.

@lpher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT4
Country flag
Checking Samsung’s announcement. There were two different chipsets announced for MIB3 (infotainment system for VAG). The articles focus ob Audi but I highly doubt VAG would have different hardware for MIB3
Old chipset first introduced in MY19 A4s, https://news.samsung.com/global/sam...system-in-the-new-audi-a4-and-upcoming-models
New chipset available in late 2021 (I guess MY22): https://news.samsung.com/global/sam...form-for-audis-in-vehicle-infotainment-system
Nice info...thanks for sharing :)

Fun fact...the infotainment mainunit in our Taycan's are actually physically badged "MIB3 Premium" ;)
Sponsored