shelt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S; '18 Tesla Model 3
Country flag
A variation on my "Issue #1" which I too have observed (thread: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/communications-issues-pcm-app-porsche-tracking.9899/).

It has a connection, but seems to refuse to us it. Usually locking the car – walking away (or locking the car turning off internal alarm sensor) – and waiting for anything from 4 to 15 minutes – usually will result in the PCM resetting enough to start working again.
No luck unfortunately. It has been about 36 hours now and still dead. I even tried a reboot parked under a Verizon tower along with all the other tricks listed in the forum :( . Guess I'll give it more time and see if it starts working again...
Sponsored

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
No luck unfortunately. It has been about 36 hours now and still dead. I even tried a reboot parked under a Verizon tower along with all the other tricks listed in the forum :( . Guess I'll give it more time and see if it starts working again...
Sorry, no Taycan here yet, but is there a way to reset all the electronics by disconnecting the 12V from everything, waiting a minute, then reconnecting again? Cars are giant computers nowadays, and as most IT guys will tell you, first thing to try is to turn it off and back on again. In the early days of Tesla, that was a lifesaver for issues like this. For just PCM reset, there is probably a fuse you can pull, but connectivity involves not just PCM, but also the Gateway and ConBox, so it may be more than one fuse, hence my suggest for a total reset via 12V.

PS> Assuming you have done the PCM reset I read about, with 2 fingers in the corner.

shelt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sorry, no Taycan here yet, but is there a way to reset all the electronics by disconnecting the 12V from everything, waiting a minute, then reconnecting again? Cars are giant computers nowadays, and as most IT guys will tell you, first thing to try is to turn it off and back on again. In the early days of Tesla, that was a lifesaver for issues like this. For just PCM reset, there is probably a fuse you can pull, but connectivity involves not just PCM, but also the Gateway and ConBox, so it may be more than one fuse, hence my suggest for a total reset via 12V.

PS> Assuming you have done the PCM reset I read about, with 2 fingers in the corner.
Tried all of the above. I also just deleted my account and did a factory reset on the PCM. Reinstalled everything and still no internet radio or Apple Music. Everything else internet-related works fine (traffic, weather, news, Porsche Connect, etc). I guess this is just another buggy PCM variation...

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Tried all of the above. I also just deleted my account and did a factory reset on the PCM. Reinstalled everything and still no internet radio or Apple Music. Everything else internet-related works fine (traffic, weather, news, Porsche Connect, etc). I guess this is just another buggy PCM variation...
Check your Apple Music link on the Porsche Connect website to ensure it is still active.

shelt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Check your Apple Music link on the Porsche Connect website to ensure it is still active.
It's active, as are all the internet radio (radio plus) settings in PCM Connect

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
It's active, as are all the internet radio (radio plus) settings in PCM Connect
Curve ball time.. Do you have a second key and Connect ID, If so unlock the car with that one and sign in with your secondary Porsche Connect ID and see what happens?

shelt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Curve ball time.. Do you have a second key and Connect ID, If so unlock the car with that one and sign in with your secondary Porsche Connect ID and see what happens?
Thanks for the suggestions W1NGE... I just tried this and the secondary account & key has the same issue. I'm scheduled for the WNA5 & interior alarm sensor replacement in ~3 weeks, so maybe I'll ask them to dig into this a bit. I also tried Porsche Connect support who said everything looks like it's configured correctly. Oh well...
Sponsored