Old man

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 cross Turismo 2022 VWSportwagen TDI 20
Country flag
I am not very computer savvy and I have searched the forum but couldn’t find a solution so forgive me if this is repetitive. We were coming home from a 50 mile trip and everything was normal. Stopped for a cup of coffee and when I restated the car the Home Screen and the passenger displays stayed asleep. I tried 2 fingers pressing in first the left upper part near the home button and then the right side to no avail. I tried the power button in the lower screen no avail. I restarted the car after locking and unlocking no avail. When I put the car in the garage the surround view camera came on but then the screen went dark again. For a brief instant a message flashed across the bottom of the center screen saying the PCM won’t function if the battery is low. Both the car battery and the 12 volt seem normal. The car is a MY22 CT 4 with 1500 miles. Any suggestions?.
Sponsored

Njsimons13

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (on order), Taycan 4s, Q8, SQ5
Country flag
The 2 finger restart is upper right and you have to rest your finger there for a couple seconds. If that doesn’t work disconnecting the 12 volt battery fix most small glitches with this car. Somehow I feel may start working for if you leave the car charging overnight.

OP
OP

Old man

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The 2 finger restart is upper right and you have to rest your finger there for a couple seconds. If that doesn’t work disconnecting the 12 volt battery fix most small glitches with this car. Somehow I feel may start working for if you leave the car charging overnight.
That did not work as I noted above. There seems to be some confusion from different posts as to whether you press on the right or the left. My SA said left. Regardless, neither worked. It turns out there are other recent threads with the same problem. Some people have had success by locking, waiting. 30 minutes and bingo it’s back. That didn’t work for me but this am after charging overnight it did reboot. Others have also seen this work. Several people have mentioned they were taking the car to the dealer but I haven’t seen any common fault being mentioned. I guess we need to get another software update😥😥😥

nikc

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo
Country flag
Report this to your dealership, insist that they report it to Porsche Technical Services, get the number of the report, and ask for weekly updates on the work to resolve the issue.

Without this, Porsche literally have no idea of the number of times this happens or the number of people it impacts.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I am not very computer savvy and I have searched the forum but couldn’t find a solution so forgive me if this is repetitive. We were coming home from a 50 mile trip and everything was normal. Stopped for a cup of coffee and when I restated the car the Home Screen and the passenger displays stayed asleep. I tried 2 fingers pressing in first the left upper part near the home button and then the right side to no avail. I tried the power button in the lower screen no avail. I restarted the car after locking and unlocking no avail. When I put the car in the garage the surround view camera came on but then the screen went dark again. For a brief instant a message flashed across the bottom of the center screen saying the PCM won’t function if the battery is low. Both the car battery and the 12 volt seem normal. The car is a MY22 CT 4 with 1500 miles. Any suggestions?.
12v message you saw on the PCM does not relate to your issue(s). This is a standard message on all Porsche cars when the car is powered off and the PCM remains on. Basically it is telling you that the PCM will shutdown (15mins or so) to protect your 12v battery. As soon as you open the driver's door the PCM will power off.

OP
OP

Old man

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Report this to your dealership, insist that they report it to Porsche Technical Services, get the number of the report, and ask for weekly updates on the work to resolve the issue.

Without this, Porsche literally have no idea of the number of times this happens or the number of people it impacts.
Thanks for that advice. I will do that. Since my post I have spent a lot of time on the forum and have learned that this problem has been discussed in several other threads so it seems likely to be a software glitch. Is the forum organized in a way that similar problems can be grouped together rather than having multiple similar threads?

Pbear16

First Name
Mj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Macan
Country flag
Just had a similar problem. PCM just shows Porsche name. Occasionally flashes will not work with low battery-battery at 70%. Rebooting didn't help. Could you tell me what other threads had information on this.

magnitude

First Name
Heinz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Lock the door and go away. Here's the important part: Keep the key outside of its range of influence, which is a bit more than a few feet (sorry for not knowing specifics). Wait about 15 minutes, and it should work again.

Is it annoying? Yes.

Pbear16

First Name
Mj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Macan
Country flag
Lock the door and go away. Here's the important part: Keep the key outside of its range of influence, which is a bit more than a few feet (sorry for not knowing specifics). Wait about 15 minutes, and it should work again.

Is it annoying? Yes.
Thanks. Worked. Is this something I can expect to reaccur

Is it annoying? Yes.
Thanks, it worked. Is this something I can expect to recurr?