PEC delivery

paladin732

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Lucid
Country flag
My understanding with PEC is that it keeps us from really having to deal with much of the standard dealer shenanigans, and has the awesome delivery.

Our dealer is trying to get us to stop by to fill out all the paperwork and pay for the vehicle. Has anyone had luck with _not_ having to go to the actual dealership to complete the vehicle paperwork?

(The dealer we are purchasing from is near the PEC, but we will be flying down the night before our morning pickup at PEC)
Sponsored

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
What are "standard dealer shenanigans"? You're going to have to sign paperwork somewhere, regardless of where you pick up the car.

My pick up experience at the dealer was great.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
There should be no shenanigans at a Porsche dealer. At least at one where there's any competition. That's part of the fun of buying luxury cars (and especially not buying the cheapest car they sell), the service should be excellent.

OP
OP

paladin732

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Lucid
Country flag
ok, thanks. I guess that is true now that I think about it. We were in and out when we bought our Audi within 45 minutes or so

zelement

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Panamera 4S. 19 Cayenne S
Country flag
ok, thanks. I guess that is true now that I think about it. We were in and out when we bought our Audi within 45 minutes or so
Is PEC even open? FYI: Porsche buying experience is nothing like Audi, BMW, or Mercedes. It's a level up.

kmcdonal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan 350Z, Subaru WRX
Country flag
I will be interested to see how the Porsche experience compares to Audi. I wish I had been in and out in 45 on my Audi purchases. The more common experience was that I agree on a price over the phone and then go in and get paperwork that says a higher price. I complain and they go back to fix the paperwork and then come back with paperwork that is lower but still not the price they have agreed upon twice. This goes on for a while until either they get to the price they agreed upon or I walk out.

Of course Audi has been better than Subaru. In Colorado the Subaru dealerships are often so busy that they don't return calls and generally act like they don't want to sell you are car. It is exhausting.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Is PEC even open? FYI: Porsche buying experience is nothing like Audi, BMW, or Mercedes. It's a level up.
That completely depends on what you are buying. Porsche's cheapest car is 2X the price of Audi's, so there's a difference between buying an R8 or A8 and a Q3, because you'll get a more-experienced salesperson if you are a long-time customer. I've bought a lot of Audi's, and while my Porsche salesperson is excellent, I really like the treatment I get at Audi. My service experience at Audi was better, because there's special treatment for R8 owners, vs. Macan/Boxster owners (my two Porsches). Plus the Audi dealership sells 10x as many cars, so they have a lot more loaners.

Either way, you should get excellent service when buying anything $100k+.

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
I will be interested to see how the Porsche experience compares to Audi. I wish I had been in and out in 45 on my Audi purchases. The more common experience was that I agree on a price over the phone and then go in and get paperwork that says a higher price. I complain and they go back to fix the paperwork and then come back with paperwork that is lower but still not the price they have agreed upon twice. This goes on for a while until either they get to the price they agreed upon or I walk out.
I wouldn’t tolerate that experience anywhere. I’ve had excellent experiences at Porsche, BMW, Toyota, and even buying a Honda Fit.

I’ve also had experiences so bad (stereotypical, perhaps?) at Dodge and BMW dealers that I left the salesperson’s office cussing a blue streak as I walked through the showroom and out the door. I’ve had sales managers chase me out the door apologizing profusely. I don’t go back.

Buying a Taycan should be a gloriously good experience... unless you are making unreasonable demands. Then the experience will be a mirror of what you brought to the table. Like life.

Your local dealership is the one selling you a car, regardless of where you take delivery. Porsche is NOT Tesla. (Or Polestar?). Several signatures of ink on actual dead-tree paper will be required.

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes SLS
Country flag
I own both a Porsche and a Prius (don’t ask:) and I can tell you the service I get at the Prius dealership Is head and shoulders above what I get from my Porsche dealership and less all the snobbery that is sometimes part of being part of the Porsche world. Just very down to earth and genuine level of service.

OP
OP

paladin732

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Lucid
Country flag
Yep both LA and ATL afaik.

LA opened on the 5th.

Im also waiting on hearing back with how it has changed so far. Hopefully someone that goes in the near future will do a delivery report on the new experience.

OH! The dealer also ended up offering to just FedEx us the paperwork so we don't have to stop by, which is awesome. (this is because they wanted it done a few weeks before PEC, and we would have had to fly/drive to LA just for it... We live about 6 hr away)

Last edited:

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yep both LA and ATL afaik.

LA opened on the 5th.

Im also waiting on hearing back with how it has changed so far. Hopefully someone that goes in the near future will do a delivery report on the new experience.

OH! The dealer also ended up offering to just FedEx us the paperwork so we don't have to stop by, which is awesome. (this is because they wanted it done a few weeks before PEC, and we would have had to fly/drive to LA just for it... We live about 6 hr away)
Are you in SF? Are you expecting to get car in July in PEC LA? Do you have a date yet?

OP
OP

paladin732

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Lucid
Country flag
Yea, I'm in the SFBay area. I'm in south bay (San Jose).
All the dealers here had absurdly long waits, so started calling others in the area back in Jan/Feb and was able to get this dealer in LA area.

Our PEC delivery is first half of August in the morning. I'm still waiting on hearing back from them on the changes to see if it is still worth doing PEC or not.

EDIT: The boat coming here is the Glovis Sunrise if you have a similarish delivery date. That boat is supposed to get here mid July.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yea, I'm in the SFBay area. I'm in south bay (San Jose).
All the dealers here had absurdly long waits, so started calling others in the area back in Jan/Feb and was able to get this dealer in LA area.

Our PEC delivery is first half of August in the morning. I'm still waiting on hearing back from them on the changes to see if it is still worth doing PEC or not.

EDIT: The boat coming here is the Glovis Sunrise if you have a similarish delivery date. That boat is supposed to get here mid July.
I am also on that boat

I am surprised that it would be that much of a delay to first half of August? It is supposed to be here around 7/18. Is that your estimate or or what they said. Was hoping for end of July.

I am also in South Bay btw.

OP
OP

paladin732

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Lucid
Country flag
If your vehicle is on the boat, you should have been emailed about dates already. We were emailed on Thursday.

The dates we were provided were wed/thur/fri each week from 14th through end of month. Morning of afternoon slots. (so that is only 6 slots per week, which I'm guessing is why it is mid august)
Sponsored