Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Just booked my MY23 4S CT into PRG Reading to investigate rattles and advised there is a recall WNK8. Booking confirmation says....

Place charging electronics (Porsche Mobile Charger Base)
Campaign number : WNK8

Anyone had this?

Update - PRG Reading just emailed to say update was completed prior to delivery in December. I actually received the PMC+ a few days after delivery as they were waiting for it to arrive from Germany.
Still none the wiser on what WNK8 is lol
Sponsored

Last edited:

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Just booked my MY23 4S CT into PRG Reading to investigate rattles and advised there is a recall WNK8. Booking confirmation says....

Anyone had this?
My MY22 CT4S jut went in for warranty stuff a couple of weeks ago and they did WNK7, which was something to do with the antenna. No mention of the above and don't think i've had it done any other time.

OP
OP
Speuk

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
My MY22 CT4S jut went in for warranty stuff a couple of weeks ago and they did WNK7, which was something to do with the antenna. No mention of the above and don't think i've had it done any other time.
As per my edit they have now emailed to say forget the recall we can see it was done in December when you collected the vehicle. I think it may just be providing the charger as this had to be ordered seperatley by the centre and actually arrived in Reading two days after I collected the car. when I pick the PMC+ up they had to take the vehicle into the workshop to do something to it while I waited.

LXSC

First Name
GTS Tycoon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S - BMW I8, Soon Cherry Tycan GTS
Country flag

Anyone had this?

Update - PRG Reading just emailed to say update was completed prior to delivery in December. I actually received the PMC+ a few days after delivery as they were waiting for it to arrive from Germany.
Still none the wiser on what WNK8 is lol

Thanks for your reply.

Hello all,

it appears that we are not insane! There are others who seem to have encountered the similar problem.

When I googled it appears that there is the PLC setting.

It is possible to enable and disable from the configuration menu of the charger.

In concept the charger is very well engineered – mechanically! I believe it is a minor software bug.

When I contacted Porsche USA they suggested that I take it to the dealership to do check.

I would prefer to resolve it without having to go to the dealership.

So I will try to debug as much as possible prior to setting up the appointment with the dealership. If I have any positive news I'll keep you all informed.

I believe there the circuit breaker internally built into the unit. When they mentioned the circuit breaker one would think that is the outside circuit breaker and is not the case here. Typically when one mentions circuit breaker they automatically assume it is the external circuit breaker and then they tend to recommend to talk to electrician.

The circuit breaker which I'm talking about seems to be a relay where you can hear it clearly going on and off.

Thanks
Sponsored