Please critique my build :)

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I seem to recall that, at least for the German prestige manufacturers many years ago, the trend for badge deletion started with owners not wanting to advertise their "fancier" variants, to avoid potential reaction in particular of employees to their managers' cars and of environmentalists to perceived fuel-guzzlers (of course, there's now the optional "electric" badge to address the latter issue).
I like the idea of a low-key Turbo, though when parked up the headrests still give the game away ?
From my build:
Porsche Taycan Please critique my build :) 1639124231526

Porsche Taycan Please critique my build :) 1639124286435

The only mention of Turbo should be the door-sill, but you can only see it if the door is open, plus you can further "low-key" it with another option I have in my build:
Porsche Taycan Please critique my build :) 1639124385655

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I seem to recall that, at least for the German prestige manufacturers many years ago, the trend for badge deletion started with owners not wanting to advertise their "fancier" variants, to avoid potential reaction in particular of employees to their managers' cars and of environmentalists to perceived fuel-guzzlers (of course, there's now the optional "electric" badge to address the latter issue).
I like the idea of a low-key Turbo, though when parked up the headrests still give the game away ?
Not to mention the different front diffuser on the TCT … you can run but you can’t hide!

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Not to mention the different front diffuser on the TCT … you can run but you can’t hide!
I'd not realised that- and even comparing the rendered images on the configurator it's only now that I'm flicking between the expanded images on different browser tabs that I can (just about) see the difference between 4S and Turbo. I'll just hope that anyone knowledgeable enough to spot it would not have malevolent intent ?

batteredhaddock

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT since 8th April 22
Country flag
An interesting assumption. I've always stripped badges off my cars, bottom, mid, or top range. For example, my Model S60 (least expensive Model S at the time) looked identical to my P85D which replaced it (most expensive at the time) - there was no way to tell from the outside which one was which. Right now I'm waiting for a Taycan CT Turbo, on which I am planning to strip the badges there too. Perhaps some people will assume it's a CT4, which won't bother me in the least btw.
Ditto, removing it on mine (Turbo) and have done on previous cars. Think it looks cleaner, less likely to instigate willy waving responses from others and if in the mood can surprise a few i4s or EV6 GTs in the future (whilst assisting my 4S and 4 de-badged brethren in their anonymity...)
Sponsored