stevenbrody

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Don't suppose any of the other folks with Plug and Charge issues had that when they first got their cars? Just picked up my '22 Taycan 4S 9/1, added a credit card the my porsche account, the My Porsche App under Charging Service says "Charging Service valid. Ready for charging", and I have "Activate Plug and Charge" Selected from menu in the car. Just plugged in to EA station where PnC worked on my Mach E and it gave the dreaded "Payment Declined" message... Looks like I should be able to work around this using My Porsche app in the future (thanks, Hirschaj!) but that looks rather tedious...

Also curious if folks charge past the 30 minutes Porsche gives us free, what kind of rates EA will charge beyond that?
My 22 Taycan 4S stopped allowing plug and charge after about a month or two. Ultimately the onboard charger needed to be replaced.

bosbruce

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Boxster S, 2022 Taycan 4S, 2023 Tesla Plaid S
Country flag
Thanks for the input... Just tried it from the app and it can't initiate from there either... I think Porsche hasn't updated a database somewhere yet with my data...
Porsche Taycan Plug and Charge Not Working Screenshot_20220904-133954_My Porsche

bosbruce

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Boxster S, 2022 Taycan 4S, 2023 Tesla Plaid S
Country flag
Second try later with the app and it worked... First time the car was still plugged in, second time I started charging from the app before plugging in... Hopefully Porsche gets it's act together with updates and P&C!

Also seems this is an issue related to latest Porsche Software update and there is at least 1 workaround involving a sketchy app download :
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...problem-after-update.12342/page-3#post-185033

Rider

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Hi I have question about charging plug. Porsche gave me a nema 14-50P plug and I have a 10-50 socket. Has anyone tried using converter? Is it safe to use a converter as charger has x (cross) sign on converter or extension.thanks

Porsche Taycan Plug and Charge Not Working IMG_1078

Rider

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Hi I have question about charging plug. Porsche gave me a nema 14-50P plug and I have a 10-50 socket. Has anyone tried using converter? Is it safe to use a converter as charger has x (cross) sign on converter or extension.thanks

IMG_1078.jpeg
Porsche Taycan Plug and Charge Not Working IMG_1077

Porsche Taycan Plug and Charge Not Working IMG_1079

Porsche Taycan Plug and Charge Not Working IMG_1077