First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Cross Turismo - Chalk
Country flag
Charging NA app
  1. Tap the "hamburger" menu on the left side of the "find charging station" field.
  2. In the resulting "Porsche Charging Service" menu, tap on "My Vehicles"
  3. You'll see a "card" that shows you the current settings for your car. On my app, "Plug and Charge" is the last item. Tap anywhere on the card to bring up a form that lets you change the settings:
    1. The range of your vehicle (used for planning charging stops)
    2. The battery capacity of your vehicle (used for planning charging stops)
    3. The Plug Types you want to allow for charging stops
      1. Combo CCS
      2. Type 1
      3. CHAdeMO
      4. Domestic plug (home)
      5. Others
    4. Plug and charge is the last toggle.
      1. Switch it to "On".
In Car
(I have a US 2021 4S with the software updates)
  1. Go to the Charging Overview tab by either:
    1. tapping "Charging" in the main menu
    2. selecting the "Overview" tab along the top, or
    3. tapping the battery icon on the center console panel
    4. tapping the "Current Charge Level" heading on the resulting display on the center console panel
  2. While on the "Overview" tab, click on the "three dots" icon in the corner of the screen
  3. In the resulting list of settings, you'll see a selection to "Activate Plug and Charge" and another selection to enable a "Battery-Friendly Quick Charging" setting that adjusts the charging rate to extend battery life.
On a road trip in mid-May with EA stops in: Franklin, Tennessee (Nashville suburb), Bowling Green, Kentucky, Clarksville, Indiana, and Georgetown, Kentucky, I had decent success with Plug & Charge. Once or twice I needed to resort to using the Charging NA app to initiate charging. The rest of the time, Plug & Charge worked.
I’m a little late to this thread but noticed that I just took a similar road trip through Kentucky and had a tough time with the EA charging stations. First off my Taycan is a 2021 delivered in May and I can’t find the plug and charge option anywhere on the vehicle or the NA app. Do you have any idea whether you had to have the dealer set that up on a software update or did it just appear and work for you? Would love to figure this out to avoid another trip like I just took…..
Sponsored

swhsv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’m a little late to this thread but noticed that I just took a similar road trip through Kentucky and had a tough time with the EA charging stations. First off my Taycan is a 2021 delivered in May and I can’t find the plug and charge option anywhere on the vehicle or the NA app. Do you have any idea whether you had to have the dealer set that up on a software update or did it just appear and work for you? Would love to figure this out to avoid another trip like I just took…..
I don’t remember that the dealer had to do anything for the option to appear. I don’t have the “19.2kW” charging option if that’s pertinent; I do have the 400v/150kW option but don’t think that has any bearing on this. Sorry that I can’t be of more help.

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Charging NA app
  1. Tap the "hamburger" menu on the left side of the "find charging station" field.
  2. In the resulting "Porsche Charging Service" menu, tap on "My Vehicles"
  3. You'll see a "card" that shows you the current settings for your car. On my app, "Plug and Charge" is the last item. Tap anywhere on the card to bring up a form that lets you change the settings:
    1. The range of your vehicle (used for planning charging stops)
    2. The battery capacity of your vehicle (used for planning charging stops)
    3. The Plug Types you want to allow for charging stops
      1. Combo CCS
      2. Type 1
      3. CHAdeMO
      4. Domestic plug (home)
      5. Others
    4. Plug and charge is the last toggle.
      1. Switch it to "On".
In Car
(I have a US 2021 4S with the software updates)
  1. Go to the Charging Overview tab by either:
    1. tapping "Charging" in the main menu
    2. selecting the "Overview" tab along the top, or
    3. tapping the battery icon on the center console panel
    4. tapping the "Current Charge Level" heading on the resulting display on the center console panel
  2. While on the "Overview" tab, click on the "three dots" icon in the corner of the screen
  3. In the resulting list of settings, you'll see a selection to "Activate Plug and Charge" and another selection to enable a "Battery-Friendly Quick Charging" setting that adjusts the charging rate to extend battery life.
On a road trip in mid-May with EA stops in: Franklin, Tennessee (Nashville suburb), Bowling Green, Kentucky, Clarksville, Indiana, and Georgetown, Kentucky, I had decent success with Plug & Charge. Once or twice I needed to resort to using the Charging NA app to initiate charging. The rest of the time, Plug & Charge worked.
Great instructions, thanks. I've found that in the Charging NA app, the My Vehicles section is empty and an error pops up when I go to it:

Porsche Taycan Plug and Charge IMG_4161.PNG

I've logged out and back in on both this app and the Connect app, to no avail. It's been like this since I took delivery a couple weeks ago. I'm able to manually initiate charging sessions from the Charging NA app but Plug and Charge never works for me. It gets past authenticating payment and even gets as far as trying starting the charging session, but then it immediately errors out.

Anyone know how to fix this? Based on @swhsv it looks like this is the missing piece for me.

swhsv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The only other thing I can think of is to go to the "My Porsche" section of the Porsche website and check the set of services that have been activated for your car to see if "Porsche Charging Service (Taycan)" is listed there...

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
I do have the Porsche Charging Service (Taycan) in my services, however I did notice a couple interesting things. The first is that the charging service contract appears to only be good for 1 year. All my other services are good for 3 years (the duration of my lease). I would have expected the charging service contract term to also say 3 years. What do you guys see?

Porsche Taycan Plug and Charge 1624205470414

The second is that my Taycan still shows as "on its way":

Porsche Taycan Plug and Charge 1624205488828

If I click into TYD it shows as "Arrival Porsche Dealer" and asks me to contact my dealer to schedule delivery. Maybe one of these two things is the problem?

FWIW, I was unable to order FoD up until a few days ago for the same reason -- the FoD order system said I needed to take delivery first. I contacted my dealer about it and magically a few days later, I'm now able to order FoD. Not sure what he did on his end but it seems like only part of the issue is resolved since My Porsche still shows the car as being undelivered.