EarlOfCarrick

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have the Porsche Mobile Charger Connect. I get this error every single time I turn it on.

Once I click OK, the PMCC charges my car just fine. As you can see, it's properly connected to WiFi. My dealer said he hasn't been able to find anything out about this error, and my internet searching hasn't turned up anything helpful.

Do others see this error? Has anyone figured out how to make it go away?

Porsche Taycan PMCC Server authentication error IMG_6867 Small
Sponsored

AndiL

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, ID. 3
Country flag
Hi,

this only means that the charging sessions and stats can not be submitted to the Porsche Online Portal so you can view them over there.

The reason is that the account is not correctly setup in the device. Either check the web interface and see if you can enter the correct credentials or ask your dealer to assist.

Best,
Andreas

OP
OP
EarlOfCarrick

EarlOfCarrick

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I thought that was it, but I've typed my password in a kajillion times. I'll try again (more carefully this time!) to see if that's the problem.

Thanks!

OP
OP
EarlOfCarrick

EarlOfCarrick

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Update: The PMCC wouldn't let me enter my account credentials, so I factory reset it, and then walked through configuration again.

Normally when you configure the PMCC, it connects to the wireless network and then immediately asks for account information (or presents a QR code that links the PMCC to your Porsche account.)

But for me, after connecting to the wireless network, it throws up an error message that says, "No internet connection found. This device cannot be linked to your Porsche ID."

So: It's connected to my wireless network, but it can't get to the internet. I can see the PMCC on my router, so I know it's actually connected. I've also tried with other wireless networks that don't go through my router, so I know the router isn't blocking anything.

My best guess is that either the 2.4GHz radio or the 5.0GHz radio isn't working. Some devices use one for the initial connection and then switch to the other for actual data transfer. I can't come up with another explanation for these symptoms.

I've asked the dealer to replace the PMCC, so I'll try another one. Any other ideas are welcomed.

AndiL

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, ID. 3
Country flag
Did you try connecting to the web interface of the charger via the IP of the device shown by your router? You need to use https:// and accept the certificate if the browser shows a warning.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Have you disabled PLC and use WiFi for connecting only?

Have you tried enabling the hotspot on the PMCC and connect your phone directly to it and then retry the authentication step?

What network are you using -192.168.x.x or a 10.x.x.x? If the latter then that will likely be the issue as the PMCC doesn't like it.

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, Tesla Model S (for sale)
Country flag
I experienced the same error message as @EarlOfCarrick, and I belive it is a sw bug.

During the wifi setup after a factory reset, I received an update which was downloaded and installed. I didn't get any error messages then. The download of sw shows that the PMCC was connected to the Internet. However I did not get an option to setup a profile. When it was setup with WiFi and rebooted the PMCC, it showed the error message as in @EarlOfCarrick post.
Porsche Taycan PMCC Server authentication error 1625488283869

I did a factory reset several times, and set it up with WiFi an HotSpot different times. An error with the login page on the PMCC made me more convinced that there is a sw bug. There is no way to select a username or enter a username. I guess I should be able to select Standard User or Service User, or am I missing something?

Porsche Taycan PMCC Server authentication error 1625488471751
Porsche Taycan PMCC Server authentication error 1625488497959

I did click on the ?-mark and received this error message:
Porsche Taycan PMCC Server authentication error 1625489167661

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Do you know which software update (version number) it is? Is this the first one you've had since installing and configuring your PMCC?

I've only had 1 update since Nov'20 and curious to know if another is looming.

There are only 2 accounts for the PMCC web interface (home and tech / Customer Service) - as per your white envelope received with your PMCC. You can only select one but not type.

Did you go right back to the QR code setup to re-register your PMCC? It looks like a hardware reset may not be enough but why it has lost authentication (Porsched ID / Password) is anyone's guess.

Did you try the old favourite - complete power off and let it sit for 5 mins?

Porsche Taycan PMCC Server authentication error 1625498312722

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
SW ver. 2925
It was the first time I installed it.
Took delivery last year (MY2020), but never tried to configure it before last week.
I did not get the QR code setup.
Had several tries with the PMCC powered of for hours in between.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
The PMCC must be paired to your Porsche ID as a first step:

To pair the charger with your Porsche ID:​
- Call up the web site specified on the display on​
the charger in the browser on your device and​
enter the user code.​
– or –
- Scan the QR code displayed on the charger. You​
can scan the QR code in the following ways:​
– Using the Porsche Connect app (My Account​
> Charging cables & devices > Scan QR code).​
– Using the camera on your device (iOS 11 or​
higher, different for Android).​
– Using an app for scanning QR codes.​
When the charger has been paired successfully,​
the installation assistant moves on to the next​
step.​

OP
OP
EarlOfCarrick

EarlOfCarrick

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The problem is that I never get a chance to pair the charger with my User ID.

During initial setup (and after a factory reset), the charger says it's connected to WiFi, but then it immediately shows an error saying that it can't get to the internet, and the QR code is never presented.

If I connect to the Web UI that the charger offers, then the button to connect my Porsche ID is grayed out, and it gives the error message "Cannot be paired with a Porsche ID because the PMCC isn't connected to the internet."

So the specific problem is that I can't pair my ID, because for some reason it believes it's not connected to the internet. I've tried with both my home WiFi (through my router) and via the hotspot on my phone (which doesn't go through my router).

It seems that it is indeed the same problem that SHN is having (see above).

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Tanks for your tip, but the url nor the QR code are displayed on my PMCC:confused:
I have studied videos on youtube and know how it should have been, but mine is missing the pairing option:rolleyes:

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@EarlOfCarrick, no I have not found a solution. I will bring the PMCC to PC next week and let them deal with it. I have another charger available.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Most bizzare.

Can you add your Porsche ID on the PMCC from scratch or even add another (secondary one) under 'User Profiles' which may force the QR code (or the 8 character code) needed to pair?

Have you tried to simply go to the pairing page - pair.porsche.com

Porsche Taycan PMCC Server authentication error 1625504779496

Porsche Taycan PMCC Server authentication error 1625504888460