EarlOfCarrick

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Good idea! I hadn't previously done, that so I tried it.

But I don't have a User Code to enter; I suspect the user code is generated by the PMCC during the pairing process.

So I tried entering the ID of my PMCC (hoping that may also work), and (of course) that didn't work. I got this error:

Porsche Taycan PMCC Server authentication error Capture PMCC.JPG

I can't click on User Profiles on the PMCC. When I do, it says, "The device is offline" or something to that effect.

Keep the ideas coming!

Note that the PMCC charges my car just fine. It's just the pairing with my Porsche ID that's broken.
Sponsored

Last edited:

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, Tesla Model S (for sale)
Country flag
Same with mine☹

OP
OP
EarlOfCarrick

EarlOfCarrick

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Good guess, but sadly no. There’s no User Code on the back of the unit. There’s only the serial number of the unit, but that’s not enough for pairing.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Looks like it's a back office thing then which needs to be reset by Porsche to remove the corruption to then allow a fresh start. Contact Porsche Connect and ask them to reset the pairing.

OP
OP
EarlOfCarrick

EarlOfCarrick

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
There is no pairing to reset. That’s the problem.

Before I started this thread I contacted my dealer and their service dept. to see if they had any solutions. I’ve asked to have the PMCC replaced. I’ve been hoping to figure out a solution in the meantime, but I’m out of ideas. We’ll see what happens.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
There must be a hard reset both on the device and anything linked to the Porsche ID. What would be the scenario when the vehicle and PMCC is sold to another user - how would they register Charging at Home on the (now) 2nd hand PMCC?

There is an option to deactivate a profile on 'My Porsche ID' so I expect something similar for the PMCC. It may be there is a partial pairing in progress and that this has got 'stuck'. The only way to know is to contact the Porsche Connect team as I don't think the dealers have access to these systems.

Always difficult to 2nd guess here but I really don't think the issue is with the PMCC - a cache or similar needs to be flushed to enable setup to start 100% afresh.

Some of the PMCC units were recalled as part of the WMA upgrade programme and had something updated (it may have been physical since software updates are online). My unit wasn't recalled (MY21) at part of the WMA6 update but I have read others had work done on theirs leading to a disassembly of the unit (for whatever reason).

Just as well you have an alternative means of home charging meantime!

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I checked with the Porsche Connect team. They do not have any information about how to reset the PMCC nor the Back Office system:(

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I checked with the Porsche Connect team. They do not have any information about how to reset the PMCC nor the Back Office system:(
The PMCC has a reset option in the menu. Have you tried?

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes, tried the reset option in the meny several times. No luck :(

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Have you tried touching the power button for 10 secs+ - probably the same as the reset you've performed. I don't see this as a hard reset however.

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes, been there, done that;)

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I posted on this some time ago.

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/another-charging-software-issue.5137/#post-71092

This occurred after the WMA5 update and I fiddled with pretty much everything that's been suggested with the only effect being I avoided this warning once or twice, after which it reverted back to every time I charged.

I brought the car and the charger into the dealer, and they fixed it - I've had over a dozen error-free charging sessions since then. I've texted them and asked for more details in terms of what they did, and here's what I got:

error om charger was for plc communication deactivated plc via web app and tested charger warning is no longer displayed.

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I posted on this some time ago.

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/another-charging-software-issue.5137/#post-71092

This occurred after the WMA5 update and I fiddled with pretty much everything that's been suggested with the only effect being I avoided this warning once or twice, after which it reverted back to every time I charged.

I brought the car and the charger into the dealer, and they fixed it - I've had over a dozen error-free charging sessions since then. I've texted them and asked for more details in terms of what they did, and here's what I got:

error om charger was for plc communication deactivated plc via web app and tested charger warning is no longer displayed.
Thx but the PLC error (shouldn't be on by default to create the error in the first place) is an easy one to resolve - disable and use WiFi only for connecting to home network. Re-enable PLC to vehicle only after WMA updates if you want / need to (I have).
Sponsored