Porsche Charging Service / Card Activation

Zicolay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
UPDATE: Fantastic Support from Porsche - Issue Solved

It turned out that when I was activating my Taycan at the dealership there was a remote server issue at the MyPorsche datasenter.

Ungortunately this happened at the same moment my account was established causing half of the registration progress to stop.

The Porsche support tech were able to track this back several weeks to the very second my account was made and reset the progress.

I have to say I am very impressed with the support and have been kept continuously up to date on progress.

Hats of to the Porsche techs and service team.

———————————————————
At delivery of my 4S on April 15th I setup the Porsche Charging Service (Taycan) together with my dealer.
I was notified that I should receive a card in the mail and the app should have been activated during the first 24 hours.

It has now been almost a week since I took delivery of my 4S and the Porsche Charging Service (Taycan) is still not activated.
I haven't received my Porsche Charging Card yet so my only option is to use 3rd party charging services or manually pay at IONITY.
Since the service is not enabled I cannot add 3rd party charging services to it either.

On my account under the Porsche Charging Services it just states "Activation in Progress" and has done so since I took delivery.
Deleting the app, logging out of app and/or Porsche account etc does not help, it seems as if the registration process halted somewhere internally at their end.

My contact details in the connect-portal are all up to date, my payment options are correct, but they still can't seem to activate my charging services.

Anyone else having the similar problems?
Sponsored

Last edited:

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
they cant seem to get my car to me..........

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
Hello Zic,

I had roughly the same issues. It took several days (2-3 IIRC) until the Connect App was able to talk to the car, and it still is spotty today, i.e. it often cannot connect to the car for whatever reasons. The charge card was ordered early, but did not arrive, so I had to call up and they sent a 2nd card. So during the first 10 days or so I also used Ionity with my credit card and used the city's network with their utility charging cards.

But eventually, the Porsche card did arrive and did work properly. I have sort of acquiesced for the moment that the app is so bad, especially as the car drives so excessively well that I don't care about the app :).

Cheers,
Henrik

Ymt400

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Tycan 4S in Gentian Blue: Previous: Macan S
Country flag
At delivery of my 4S on April 15th I setup the Porsche Charging Service (Taycan) together with my dealer.
I was notified that I should receive a card in the mail and the app should have been activated during the first 24 hours.

It has now been almost a week since I took delivery of my 4S and the Porsche Charging Service (Taycan) is still not activated.
I haven't received my Porsche Charging Card yet so my only option is to use 3rd party charging services or manually pay at IONITY.
Since the service is not enabled I cannot add 3rd party charging services to it either.

On my account under the Porsche Charging Services it just states "Activation in Progress" and has done so since I took delivery.
Deleting the app, logging out of app and/or Porsche account etc does not help, it seems as if the registration process halted somewhere internally at their end.

My contact details in the connect-portal are all up to date, my payment options are correct, but they still can't seem to activate my charging services.

Anyone else having the similar problems?
Not sure what Porsche UK are doing through their dealerships as I have an email asking me to complete for my charging service card which has now arrived direct from Germany but no news of delivery of my 4S. Nothing from them since lockdown in UK in March. Anybody else in same situation!!!
Sponsored