Freakzilla9

First Name
Zain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche cayenne hybrid
Country flag
I heard there are a lot of issues in the car when using the Porsche connect App.
I was wondering if it is possible to drive the car on guest mode without any restrictions plus enjoy it and not downloading the app at all. Some say guest mode won’t save settings , speed restriction at a specific limit ,
Setting is not an issue can be done while driving but if car is restricted to a specific speed while driving on guest mode then it’s something I have to look at .

please guide
Sponsored

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
You do not need to use the Connect app to establish a Porsche ID, create a PIN, and sign into the vehicle.

If you do not sign into the vehicle, the car will still save all vehicle settings not related to the PCM (e.g. seat position), and some PCM settings are saved while in guest mode, for example, a paired Bluetooth phone is saved. I do not think there are any drive mode or speed restrictions. Apple Music will not work (but you can play it through your paired iPhone). Real time traffic on the nav system will not work (but Google Maps through Apple Car Play will work). News (useless), weather (occasionally useful) and calendar sync will not work. I don't think Porsche Charging Planner (if you have the option) works without being signed in.

I've had among the worst of PCM + car communication issues + 12V battery issues (and I still believe all three were related), but once you get past any issues you may encounter (and most people do not encounter issues) the app works - it's just nowhere near as sophisticated as other remote access solutions (e.g. Tesla).

Smithy37

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 991.2 C4 GTS. Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I, on the other hand, have had no connect issues and as of yet no 12v battery issues & I've only been doing very short runs in the car thus far.

Ive remotely set charging profiles & timers, remote locked the doors (app is a bit misleading regarding the car being locked) & set the pre-heat function remotely to warm the car.
I had one night where I had numerous pre-heat messages but I think that was to do with the timer I set & the temperature outside.

I appreciate you're keen not to throw caution to the wind but I feel you may be missing out on some pretty awesome features.

You can be always try it & delete it if you’re not getting away with it.

OP
OP

Freakzilla9

First Name
Zain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche cayenne hybrid
Country flag
I, on the other hand, have had no connect issues and as of yet no 12v battery issues & I've only been doing very short runs in the car thus far.

Ive remotely set charging profiles & timers, remote locked the doors (app is a bit misleading regarding the car being locked) & set the pre-heat function remotely to warm the car.
I had one night where I had numerous pre-heat messages but I think that was to do with the timer I set & the temperature outside.

I appreciate you're keen not to throw caution to the wind but I feel you may be missing out on some pretty awesome features.

You can be always try it & delete it if you’re not getting away with it.
the thing is if something happens then my issue won’t be resolved that quickly. Even though Porsche provides a world wide warranty but as the car I bought is on its way to Pakistan and Porsche Pakistan have not been allowed to work on the taycan as yet. No training have been given to them and Porsche is closing its doors in Pakistan for a change of ownership in feb so better to be cautious and hope for the best

OP
OP

Freakzilla9

First Name
Zain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche cayenne hybrid
Country flag
I
You do not need to use the Connect app to establish a Porsche ID, create a PIN, and sign into the vehicle.

If you do not sign into the vehicle, the car will still save all vehicle settings not related to the PCM (e.g. seat position), and some PCM settings are saved while in guest mode, for example, a paired Bluetooth phone is saved. I do not think there are any drive mode or speed restrictions. Apple Music will not work (but you can play it through your paired iPhone). Real time traffic on the nav system will not work (but Google Maps through Apple Car Play will work). News (useless), weather (occasionally useful) and calendar sync will not work. I don't think Porsche Charging Planner (if you have the option) works without being signed in.

I've had among the worst of PCM + car communication issues + 12V battery issues (and I still believe all three were related), but once you get past any issues you may encounter (and most people do not encounter issues) the app works - it's just nowhere near as sophisticated as other remote access solutions (e.g. Tesla).
i have created a Porsche ID but not linked the car to it by giving them additional info such as vin no , ownership documents.
Is it possible to log in using the user name and password but not download the app and not link the car?
or I have to first link the car with the app or on the website and then log in ?

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
If you bought the car new, you should receive (or have received) an e-mail "invitation" to create a Porsche ID at the e-mail address given when you purchased the car. If you did not provide an e-mail address, of course they will have nowhere to send this, but your dealer can do this after delivery once you supply them with an e-mail address. If you bought the car used, you will need to supply proof of ownership documents to Porsche to have them associate the VIN with your Porsche ID. As far as I know, you cannot log into the car with just any Porsche ID - you must be the owner or an assigned sub-account of the owner, and that proof of ownership is mandatory (either because you purchased it new or supplied the necessary documents).

OP
OP

Freakzilla9

First Name
Zain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche cayenne hybrid
Country flag
If you bought the car new, you should receive (or have received) an e-mail "invitation" to create a Porsche ID at the e-mail address given when you purchased the car. If you did not provide an e-mail address, of course they will have nowhere to send this, but your dealer can do this after delivery once you supply them with an e-mail address. If you bought the car used, you will need to supply proof of ownership documents to Porsche to have them associate the VIN with your Porsche ID. As far as I know, you cannot log into the car with just any Porsche ID - you must be the owner or an assigned sub-account of the owner, and that proof of ownership is mandatory (either because you purchased it new or supplied the necessary documents).
yes thanks I purchased it brand new from a dealer but I exported it straight away and at the moment the car is not registered so it won’t help. I can give them ownership documents only when the car arrives and is registered which is also a long process. Don’t even know if they will accept registration documents from another country even though it will state the vin no reg no and owner of vehicle but thanks a lot for your guidance
Sponsored