Porsche Connect in different markets

delsol805

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Hi, not sure if this is the right place to ask this question. I am from Hong Kong and Porsche Connect is not available here (or not yet available) Is there any Taycan owners who are from a place that your local Porsche DOESN'T provide Porsche Connect services? Any ideas why Porsche decided not to launch this basic service in ALL markets where they sell the Taycan? I checked the Porsche Connect store in Asis, seems Korea, Hong Kong and Singapore's Taycan couldn't use the Porsche Connect app.

I have been in contact with a Porsche sales for a month or so . I didn't ask about the Porsche Connect app because I thought it doesn't make sense to not come with it.. Last week a friend told me the Taycan doesn't work with the Porsche Connect App in Hong Kong. I was quite shocked as I am a Tesla owner and the app and remote access of the car was ready to use since the 2nd day of the car's delviery. Hong Kong has only one single Porsche dealer (because the size of the market), but our selling price is probably among the highest in the world, even before the 100% car tax. With this profit margin, it dosn't make any sense they didn't provide the Porsche Connect service here
Sponsored

sulaiman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Hi, not sure if this is the right place to ask this question. I am from Hong Kong and Porsche Connect is not available here (or not yet available) Is there any Taycan owners who are from a place that your local Porsche DOESN'T provide Porsche Connect services? Any ideas why Porsche decided not to launch this basic service in ALL markets where they sell the Taycan? I checked the Porsche Connect store in Asis, seems Korea, Hong Kong and Singapore's Taycan couldn't use the Porsche Connect app.

I have been in contact with a Porsche sales for a month or so . I didn't ask about the Porsche Connect app because I thought it doesn't make sense to not come with it.. Last week a friend told me the Taycan doesn't work with the Porsche Connect App in Hong Kong. I was quite shocked as I am a Tesla owner and the app and remote access of the car was ready to use since the 2nd day of the car's delviery. Hong Kong has only one single Porsche dealer (because the size of the market), but our selling price is probably among the highest in the world, even before the 100% car tax. With this profit margin, it dosn't make any sense they didn't provide the Porsche Connect service here
Kuwait no connect app
and no wireless apple carplay for MY2021

PAB

First Name
PAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Taycan Turbo S, Macan Turbo,
Country flag
Not available in South Africa as well. Purchased 2021 Taycan from sole Porsche dealer.

Zyrrak

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag

Hello do you still not have porsche connect in HK? I'm from Macau and I find it very frustrating

OP
OP
delsol805

delsol805

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Hello do you still not have porsche connect in HK? I'm from Macau and I find it very frustrating
Yes, still nothing for all 2020/2021 Taycan. But All 2022 and newer Taycan have Porsche Connect in Hong Kong.

Zyrrak

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Yes, still nothing for all 2020/2021 Taycan. But All 2022 and newer Taycan have Porsche Connect in Hong Kong.
That's so strange how older models don't get it, don't they all get the same software update?
Sponsored