The Taycan without Porsche Connect.

Matt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hello.

I ordered My2021 taycan in south korea. (quarter: sep.2020) <- this is first model that can order officially via porsche korea.

in southkorea, Porsche korea started the service of Porsche connect since this november.
But it is applied on cayenne, 911, macan that are produced after nov.2019.

Anyway, Porsche Korea told us, the taycan that ordered early doesn't have porsche connect. <- it means taycan will get porsche connect from the production on may~june 2021. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Even though they started the service, they didn't install the device for porsche connect huh.
i can't understand them haha.....
As you know we have waited so so so so so so so long time. So I don't wanna wait more til they start the connect service for taycan...

1. Is here who doesn't have porsche connect on taycan??
2. How do you think about Porsche Connect?
2-1 Do you think it is so essential function?

Have a good day.
Sponsored

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Hello.

I ordered My2021 taycan in south korea. (quarter: sep.2020) <- this is first model that can order officially via porsche korea.

in southkorea, Porsche korea started the service of Porsche connect since this november.
But it is applied on cayenne, 911, macan that are produced after nov.2019.

Anyway, Porsche Korea told us, the taycan that ordered early doesn't have porsche connect. <- it means taycan will get porsche connect from the production on may~june 2021. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Even though they started the service, they didn't install the device for porsche connect huh.
i can't understand them haha.....
As you know we have waited so so so so so so so long time. So I don't wanna wait more til they start the connect service for taycan...

Have a good day.
Sounds like Porsche Korea has the good sense to wait for a more stable and bug-free version of Porsche Connect for the Taycan before releasing it. In the US we have Porsche Connect for our Taycans but I actually do not use it because 1) it is a very buggy and unstable system, and 2) it has been associated with the dreaded 12 V battery problems which Porsche apparently does not have fully under control yet. I am surviving rather well without Porsche Connect meanwhile.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
1. I did not have connect the first few months.
2. Porsche Connect is a poorly working toy, and adds nothing to the driving experience besides the fact, that you can remotely precool/heat the car.

NO!

Remember, you will get the most sophisticated driving machine you can buy at the moment, particularly if you add a few options.

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
Hello Matt,
Porsche Connect -> a technical disgrace -> can be safely ignored, is useless -> have fun with the T in South Korea :)!
Cheers,
Henrik
Sponsored