TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
Code wouldn't work for me. Had a chat with support and they just shrugged and said "try again tomorrow".

Tried again the next day and still wouldn't work, nor would it work the day after that.

Gave up and paid full price.

Cynic in me says the "error" was intentional.
My error says that BLACKFRIDAY15 doesn't apply to alk. I suspect that it's a code for non US customers.

BLACKFRIDAY code gives me a straight up error.

Code is case sensitive... 🤣
Sponsored

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
Looks like the BLACKFRIDAY code is working now. Just bought ALK.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Try CYBERMONDAY instead. I received that in an email from Porsche U.S. this morning.

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
I have a 100 % discount. Activated the FOD ALK and PID three months free trial six months ago. Both are active in my car but show as to be activated in the app. Never was charged anything.
I have noticed that every so often ALK comes on and then disappears. I have never paid for it but it just suddenly appears and then a few minutes later is gone. Anyone else have this occurring?

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I have noticed that every so often ALK comes on and then disappears. I have never paid for it but it just suddenly appears and then a few minutes later is gone. Anyone else have this occurring?
For me it is active all the time. Didn’t see it dissappear.

masmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, A6 Allroad, GT3
Country flag
I bought ALK with the 15% discount. I probably have no use for it, but who can resist a good sale 😂

Weird thing is is that activation of this FOD feature on my car seems to have stalled, at least from what the myporsche app is reporting. It has been showing this message for the last 3 days now. However, the feature itself seems to be active and working on the car - I tested it today and works like a charm, self-steering the car in line was crawling through rush hour traffic. Must be some issue with Porsche Connect back-end that's not registering it as activated on the app and on their servers?

On my iPhone app is shows this:
Porsche Taycan Porsche Connect Store - FoD 15% Black Friday Sale until December 4 IMG_7016.PNG

And on the porsche connect store on a web browser, it's been stuck on "activation in progress" for days now. The actual feature seems to working in the car though.
Porsche Taycan Porsche Connect Store - FoD 15% Black Friday Sale until December 4 Screenshot 2022-12-07 at 10.11.55 AM

Very odd. Anyone else had this happen to them?

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Do u actually like it or is it annoying?
I wouldn’t pay for it tbh. It is not really reliable enough for me. But you can do the free 3 months trial to test if you like it.
Innodrive I would have to test again. I had a feeling ACC with Innodrive is more fluent than without. Would have to do some testing again.

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
I wouldn’t pay for it tbh. It is not really reliable enough for me. But you can do the free 3 months trial to test if you like it.
Innodrive I would have to test again. I had a feeling ACC with Innodrive is more fluent than without. Would have to do some testing again.
This. Try it and see if you like it. I am either stuck in traffic or I'm on a long road trip. Both of which it has been helpful for. It's not a drive itself type of feature, just takes the edge off.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
This. Try it and see if you like it. I am either stuck in traffic or I'm on a long road trip. Both of which it has been helpful for. It's not a drive itself type of feature, just takes the edge off.
Indeed. In traffic jams in Germany / Netherlands it works because drivers are better educated than in Belgium. If it let ACC / Innodrive do the driving in a Belgium traffic jam others are passing on the right side and getting in front.

wlin

First Name
Will-I-Am
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' 9J1 CT, 21' 982 Jahre25, 21' Tesla WhtStar
Country flag
Apologies for ignorance. What is FOD?

I have a 100 % discount. Activated the FOD ALK and PID three months free trial six months ago. Both are active in my car but show as to be activated in the app. Never was charged anything.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Apologies for ignorance. What is FOD?
Function on demand. Somehow they found out after a software update a couple of months ago and it started to charge me each month now for innodrive and ALK. Still I have had it for free for almost a year.
Sponsored