Porsche EV Service Protection Plan agreement (US)- Example contract

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Not sure I understand re your wording of 'proposed' - first page exactly what I have for my car - am I missing something?

OP
OP

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Not sure I understand re your wording of 'proposed' - first page exactly what I have for my car - am I missing something?
It means that this agreement has been shared with me, but is not actually in force. I wanted to read the agreement terms first. The document is supposed to be the current plan text. Is the form date 6/22 at bottom of page the same as on your agreement?

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
It means that this agreement has been shared with me, but is not actually in force. I wanted to read the agreement terms first. The document is supposed to be the current plan text. Is the form date 6/22 at bottom of page the same as on your agreement?
I’ll take a look and get back …. UPDATE - yes.

Last edited:

bluesky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW F10 M5 Comp, BMW F10 550i
Country flag
Attachment is copy of proposed Porsche Platinum EV service plan agreement (first 7 pages). Last 8 pages with state-specific amendments not available.
OK, but what is your question?

OP
OP

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
OK, but what is your question?
No question. I wanted to read text of Porsche EV service plan to help me decide about buying. I got a copy and shared it here, in case others are interested.

Separately, I am interested in info about the experiences - good and bad - of owners who have actually used/filed repair claims with extended service plans, especially Porsche-brand ones, ICE or EV.

(Despite its title, the 'Porsche vehicle service plan' is not a contract with Porsche at all.)

BMonte13

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Attachment is copy of proposed Porsche Platinum EV service plan agreement (first 7 pages). Last 8 pages with state-specific amendments not available.
Interesting how it's very easy to find the section on what's specifically not covered but I couldn't for the life of me find a list of what exactly IS covered.

OP
OP

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Interesting how it's very easy to find the section on what's specifically not covered but I couldn't for the life of me find a list of what exactly IS covered.
Porsche Taycan Porsche EV Service Protection Plan agreement (US)- Example contract 1716739221493-db

Porsche Taycan Porsche EV Service Protection Plan agreement (US)- Example contract 1716739313520-jo

Marmolata

First Name
RJS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
good grief, doesnt seem to cover much after all the exclusions! no lights, door locks, hoses, batteries, battery cables...seems it more of a powertrain warranty, as it doesnt cover much else?

j.w.s

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS, 2024 Rivian R1S
Country flag
I can see excluding glass, body panels, brake rotors, and so on, but an EV warranty that excludes the EV battery, and would exclude any damage caused by that battery messing up something else? I don't like that.

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I can see excluding glass, body panels, brake rotors, and so on, but an EV warranty that excludes the EV battery, and would exclude any damage caused by that battery messing up something else? I don't like that.
I think it’s because the standard warranty already covers the main battery. IMO, it covers enough of the car that I’m seriously considering it. I do not like the look of new Taycans at all and plan on keeping mine another 4 years (I have an MY2020 4S delivered July 2020). Another 4 year general warranty plus the battery warranty will give me peace of mind until the next fully redesigned Taycan is on the market.
Sponsored