• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Porsche Macan EV Highway Range Test | Behind the Wheels of Porsche’s First Electric SUV

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
30.6 kWh / 100 miles is apparently similar to Taycan Turbo consumption, but obviously would need a Taycan to be subjected to the same test.

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
30.6 kWh/100mi (~19 kWh/100km) is within the range of what is possible with the Taycan. Though, with three people in the car at such high speeds in Normal mode, I think it suggests that the Macan seems to be quite significantly more efficient than the Taycan.

shawn

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Model Y, Model 3, XC 40
Country flag
Thanks for sharing this. Great news on the range. Looking forward to more at the big reveal this month

CAGCTG

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 911S, 1997 Carrera, 2023 Tascan GTS
Country flag
I never get better than 34 kWh/ 100mi in my Taycan GTS with 21’s

romed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
dope 30kwh for an SUV.

Q8 e-tron i drove -> never got it under 37 kwh. (otherwise you dont throttle :D )

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
If it managed 298 miles plus 7 forecast range, and it has 95kWh usable capacity, the consumption would I think be 31.1 kWh/100 miles. Perhaps it's inherited the Taycan's habit of being a little generous with its reported consumption numbers.

OP
OP
RAHRCR

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
I find this video to be an indication of very good efficiency. It suggests some additional learning on Porsche’s part.

JonoNZ

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX M60, Audi RS3, Porsche Macan Turbo PR1X9KR5
Country flag
Yep, this looks very promising in terms of range and efficiency. Not to mention the "top spec" (Turbo?) looks really hot!

Crazymind

First Name
Mattia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
I am not sure I understand the Macan EV.
Basic Macan supposed to be priced at 100k dollar in the Uk. Will the Macan be ICE as well?
Porsche trying to erase itself off the market?

OP
OP
RAHRCR

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Basic Macan supposed to be priced at 100k dollar in the Uk. Will the Macan be ICE as well?
Price is an open question for all Porsches. They seem to be unhinged from reality.

I don’t plan to go from a Taycan to an EV Macan but if I was planning to do so, an EV Macan that is well over $100K would make that decision even easier.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Tests were run on a top trim prototype with 22" wheels and 3 passengers. Everyone seems to have been a bit over 300 miles at 70mph. Eco was NOT available for the test, everything run on normal.

This suggests on 20s with eco climate and 0 or 1 passenger a 330-350 mile range at 70mph. Exceptionally good numbers for a relatively light EV.

Wondering why they went with the weirder back end? That's why. It allows a lighter vehicle to still have excellent range.

HerrCooles

First Name
Herr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ice grey
Country flag
Of course, cars are getting better and more efficient. But why is fuel consumption always being compared? I don't buy a Porsche to drive as economically as possible. I buy a Porsche to have the best possible driving pleasure. If I just want to save money or can't afford anything better, then I'll buy something else.
Hey guys, let's talk about driving pleasure!!!

OP
OP
RAHRCR

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Of course, cars are getting better and more efficient. But why is fuel consumption always being compared? I don't buy a Porsche to drive as economically as possible. I buy a Porsche to have the best possible driving pleasure. If I just want to save money or can't afford anything better, then I'll buy something else.
Hey guys, let's talk about driving pleasure!!!
The reason that some of us Porsche nerds track efficiency is because once Porsche cracks the code here, it paves the way for a small, high energy density battery in a sports car ….which will be a game changer. We will then have our pick of the EV or ICE litter. This is car enthusiast nirvana.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
In Belgium the base will be 85.000 euro without options. 73.000 £ ? In the uk ?