Porsche Newbie - 4S ST Just Ordered

Wilson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST 4S On Order, Tesla M3P, A35 AMG
Country flag
Hi everyone,

Placed my order for a 4S ST last weekend and have been tinkering in the configurator ever since.

I’m prepared for the long wait and don’t actually need the car until Q1 2024 but I don’t think that is going to stop me hoping it comes much sooner!

Really enjoyed the test drive, it’s a very nice car inside and out.
Sponsored

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
Nice! Welcome to the club! So what options / colors did you select?

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
Welcome and congrats on the purchase! Q1 24 might be a bit optimistic but fingers crossed.

playing with the configuration combined with these forums can cost a lot, but it’s all part of the fun and makes the wait more bearable

OP
OP
Wilson

Wilson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Welcome and congrats on the purchase! Q1 24 might be a bit optimistic but fingers crossed.

playing with the configuration combined with these forums can cost a lot, but it’s all part of the fun and makes the wait more bearable
Thanks very much. I was told they could likely deliver before Christmas but I doubt that will happen in reality, I am currently working on March / April but am not in a rush for it other than my own impatience!!

I was surprised to see how many they currently have in stock. 5 or 6 used, 3 in the demo fleet which are now on sale and 3 in the showroom. One of the major appeals was that you don’t see that many on the road, especially in ST guise.

OP
OP
Wilson

Wilson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nice! Welcome to the club! So what options / colors did you select?
Reasonably sedate spec actually.

Jet Black with Turbo aero wheels, standard black interior and seats, panoramic roof, matrix LED lights, surround view, HUD, ambient lighting, lane change assistant, sport chrono, red belts, sport sound, folding and dimming mirrors.

Probably a few other niceties that I can’t remember just now but haven’t picked any big ticket items really so it’s not a huge options cost.

If it was a second or third Porsche then I would maybe tick more boxes with hindsight but the seats feel great and similar to my AMG Performance seats, similar firmness and overall position so I don’t feel the need for more just now. They are much nicer than the interior of the M3P even in standard form.

Ideally I would go for the Race-Tex leather free interior but I think the same uplift as full leather for what you get is excessive. I would sign up in a heartbeat for half the cost but I don’t think it’s worth much more than that when my mate has similar trim as the no cost option in his Macan S.

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
Sounds like a nice build! Sounds both classy and sporty! Unfortunately we have to wait a year before you can share the first pictures haha

OP
OP
Wilson

Wilson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sounds like a nice build! Sounds both classy and sporty! Unfortunately we have to wait a year before you can share the first pictures haha
Ha ha, indeed!

The wait will be worth it I’m sure

DJ-UK

First Name
Daz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ex-iPace, Taycan RWD '23 lots of extra's.
Country flag
Congratulations. So we all have different spec preferences, but I think the '150kW on-board DC-DC converter' is a no brainer, you will be able to use the Tesla chargers (as they open up) and get up to 150kw. Without, you are limited to 50kw.

OP
OP
Wilson

Wilson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Congratulations. So we all have different spec preferences, but I think the '150kW on-board DC-DC converter' is a no brainer, you will be able to use the Tesla chargers (as they open up) and get up to 150kw. Without, you are limited to 50kw.
I had thought about this and might well add it but to be honest after 2 years of EV ownership I don’t really need it, we barely used the supercharger network in that time.

The vast majority of what we will do is within battery range of the house, a routine trip for us is 70 miles away visiting family but the only charging options there are 50kW ChargePlace Scotland units.
Sponsored