First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi All

Just joined the forum having placed my order for a new Taycan 4S last week, and now have the brutally long wait ahead.

I’m new to this forum but not to Porsche, and currently coming from a new Mustang GT at present so a nice step up on all levels. Albeit the Taycan probably will not get the attention the bright orange Mustang gets.

Whilst the Taycan order has gone in I’m still playing with the configurator online, which is lethal ! A hand full of must have options gets the car close to £100k mark !

One thing that shocked me was it was cheaper to go for the 4S variant than the RWD version as the residual value for the 4S is much stronger and hence lower monthly payments !

Looking forward to eventually getting the car and keeping a keen eye on the forum to see how others are getting on with their orders too.

Thanks

Porsche Taycan Newbie Hello - Taycan 4S (on order) 40F20CA1-5901-4524-ADC7-84C391BC27CA
Sponsored

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
no offence, but imo, Taycan lines are simply beautiful, while (this) mustang looks more like a vehicle from Mad Max :angel:

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I suspect you're right about the attention... I'm guessing mustang GT 302s are more rare in the UK than they are in the US, especially in that shade of orange.

I suspect, however, that were you to get a Taycan in a similar shade (or acid green, instead) you'd get equal the attention if not more.

Porsche Taycan Newbie Hello - Taycan 4S (on order) 8t3ay26raqj71

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
You could ask about PTS if you want a colour like that. Apparently they can sometimes get built a lot quicker if there happens to be an allocation slot for PTS or it can take longer. You would only know by asking. And of course it would cost you more!

4sCT21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 MK 2 MR2 GT T-Bar, 2002 Volvo S80
Country flag
I get more attention in my MR2 then I’ve had in any of my previous “nicer” cars lol ?

I missed a trick not ordering a pony when they first were marketed in the UK for £35k ish….. doh

Have a massive hankering for a bullitt, but that’s unfortunately not going to happen ?

OP
OP
AlfaMale

AlfaMale

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I get more attention in my MR2 then I’ve had in any of my previous “nicer” cars lol ?

I missed a trick not ordering a pony when they first were marketed in the UK for £35k ish….. doh

Have a massive hankering for a bullitt, but that’s unfortunately not going to happen ?
I have had two new mustangs in a row now and they are great fun with a huge cult following. Interestingly if you don’t modify your car you’re considered a little weird on the Mustang forums. They hold their money really well too, especially at present where I’ve lost next to nothing on mine as it stands!

I almost bought a Bullet when I ordered my current one but the fact they were not limiting the numbers and selling as many as customers ordered took the shine off the ‘limited edition’ model for me. Similarly for the Mach 1 now the massive price hike for not a huge difference doesn’t stack up for me either.

As for the Porsche the Taycan caught me by surprise as I wasn’t really looking to buy one initially but after trying the RWD I was really impressed. Needless to say when I went back and drove the 4S that sealed the deal with the deposit going down straight away !

4sCT21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 MK 2 MR2 GT T-Bar, 2002 Volvo S80
Country flag
I have had two new mustangs in a row now and they are great fun with a huge cult following. Interestingly if you don’t modify your car you’re considered a little weird on the Mustang forums. They hold their money really well too, especially at present where I’ve lost next to nothing on mine as it stands!

I almost bought a Bullet when I ordered my current one but the fact they were not limiting the numbers and selling as many as customers ordered took the shine off the ‘limited edition’ model for me. Similarly for the Mach 1 now the massive price hike for not a huge difference doesn’t stack up for me either.

As for the Porsche the Taycan caught me by surprise as I wasn’t really looking to buy one initially but after trying the RWD I was really impressed. Needless to say when I went back and drove the 4S that sealed the deal with the deposit going down straight away !
I‘ve gone all in blind on this, only ever sat in a Taycan lol never driven.

I went in to buy a Mustang in around 2016, but the PCP deal was awful and the monthly payments were more than my brand new 640D gran coupe!

OP
OP
AlfaMale

AlfaMale

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I‘ve gone all in blind on this, only ever sat in a Taycan lol never driven.

I went in to buy a Mustang in around 2016, but the PCP deal was awful and the monthly payments were more than my brand new 640D gran coupe!
See now I have the complete opposite problem, I’ve had two new Mustangs on 0% PCP so I’ve been spoilt repayment wise. So the jump in payments for the Taycan is double ! But arguably the car is double the value too.

I will miss the noise and twitchy back end of the Mustang for sure but after test driving the Taycan it was so nice to drive and the performance was addictive.

pdavison

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR Velar, Harley Davidson Sportster
Country flag
I've currently got a Mustang V8 Convertible (manual) with a Taycan on order but it isn't the Mustang's replacement. I do keep toying with selling the Mustang mainly as I don't use it enough but they really are a lot of fun and car for the money and used values have remained strong which is good news so it might just stay.
Sponsored