JIP1080

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
We're into 24hrs since I received the "new HV Heater installed" video. After that time there was a 1hr51min "drive" (4 miles, 2mph average, so it was just on and moved to a couple different locations around the dealership) using ~5% battery. Guessing the physical work is quick but there must be some diagnostics that take time 🤷‍♂️.
Sponsored

JIP1080

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Well darn. Getting the car back on the 28th. They're keeping it until the new charger comes in. I guess the new mobile charger exists now? ETA for it to arrive is 5/25, but given it'll arrive late in the day at best, the following day they are closed and Monday is a holiday when the service department is again closed, we're into Tuesday before they are open and I can pick up the car.

JIP1080

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
<James May Voice> Good News! </James May Voice>
Part arrived early and I collected the car this afternoon. Sadly, and to bring this back to the original topic, no swag 🤣. I'll just be happy it came home before a 5-day weekend and I can enjoy it 😎.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Based on the video this looks to be a relatively easy thing to swap out. The tech notes the thing he is touching there is the HV Heater. Not sure if it is the black blob or the metal box below (or both), but it looks relatively accessible either way.
1000012831.png

And for more context, you can see the frunk and placement here:
1000012832.png
He is touching the heater, which is metal pan enclosed in insulating cover. Metal box below heater is on-board charger.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Based on the video this looks to be a relatively easy thing to swap out.
I think the time consuming part is draining all the fluids and refilling the system once the new heater is swapped in.