Porsche Taycan *World Premiere* Date

PAG_J1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No information
Country flag
So since the month of the world premiere got announced, I'll give you a little more information about the event.

Date: September 4, 2019 (alternative: September 7, 2019): But I'm pretty sure the final date was the 4th.

The overall world premiere reveal of the car will take place at the exact same time but at 3/4 different locations on different continents worldwide.
Hands on world premiere for public will be shortly after that event at IAA 2019 in Frankfurt (beginning: september 10, 2019).

Heard it here first ;)

I don't know more about the event; I think there will be an livestream and stuff like that.

I'm pretty excited, especially about the feedback from the public!

/Discuss

EDIT: And Taycan will start with two different model types (don't know more; either Basic and S version or S and Turbo version). But there will be more in the near future.

Kind regards
Sponsored

JayGT4

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT4 / Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Thanks for more great info @PAG_J1! I have September 4 marked on my calendar now :)

I hope they come out with the S and Turbo version first and make the biggest splash possible. In either case, it's exciting that we're less than 6 months from reveal. :dance:

Series7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 BMW M550i
Country flag
Awesome!! I really hope that top end is available out the gate. Btw did you just confirm it will actually be called "Turbo" or are you just using the commonly used term we've all been going off of?

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
So since the month of the world premiere got announced, I'll give you a little more information about the event.

Date: September 4, 2019 (alternative: September 7, 2019): But I'm pretty sure the final date was the 4th.

The overall world premiere reveal of the car will take place at the exact same time but at 3/4 different locations on different continents worldwide.
Hands on world premiere for public will be shortly after that event at IAA 2019 in Frankfurt (beginning: september 10, 2019).

Heard it here first ;)

I don't know more about the event; I think there will be an livestream and stuff like that.

I'm pretty excited, especially about the feedback from the public!

/Discuss

EDIT: And Taycan will start with two different model types (don't know more; either Basic and S version or S and Turbo version). But there will be more in the near future.

Kind regards
Have you got anything further to reveal about the styling and how close it is to the Mission E concept - also, whether it looks very athletic and sporty?

Also can you confirm that the car shown at the end of the 'Soul, Electrified' videos is the production Taycan?

Last edited:
OP
OP
PAG_J1

PAG_J1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No information
Country flag
Awesome!! I really hope that top end is available out the gate. Btw did you just confirm it will actually be called "Turbo" or are you just using the commonly used term we've all been going off of?
No confirmation on the name. I don't really know the exact final name of the different types. Internal names were Standard/4S/Turbo/Turbo S.
But that's not up to date. Because these Porsche typical names are related to ICE vehicles and not BEVs.

Have you got anything further to reveal about the styling and how close it is to the Mission E concept - also, whether it looks very athletic and sporty?

Also can you confirm that the car shown at the end of the 'Soul, Electrified' videos is the production Taycan?
As I said in another topic: The car is (similiar to the 918) VERY close to the concept car. It's still a true Porsche car and therefore very athletic and sporty.
And yes the contour of the Taycan Teaser is set up from the production model. But I would say the dimensions are a bit too fierce. And at the time the Teaser was released the final production design wasn't even defined.

Just think of the Mission E a bit more "road legal" without loosing his characteristics - that's the definition of the production car.

Regards

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
As I said in another topic: The car is (similiar to the 918) VERY close to the concept car. It's still a true Porsche car and therefore very athletic and sporty.
And yes the contour of the Taycan Teaser is set up from the production model. But I would say the dimensions are a bit too fierce. And at the time the Teaser was released the final production design wasn't even defined.

Just think of the Mission E a bit more "road legal" without loosing his characteristics - that's the definition of the production car.

Regards
That's very relieving to hear!

So the silhouette of the production model is the same as was shown in the Taycan teaser? Also, out of curiousity, how do you mean that the dimensions are too fierce?

dino 5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
police car

Regards
You just made my day and probably everyone else's!! :rock::clap::turkey::champagne::handsinair:

But just to make doubly extra sure -- so the prototypes are NOT accurate? I think that's what most of us are having a hard time with. The prototypes in the spy pics are lightly camouflaged so you can see the basic shape and everything and if it represents the near final design, it's hard to see how it would look very much like the Mission E.

OP
OP
PAG_J1

PAG_J1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No information
Country flag
Well I'll try to be a bit more specific. The lines and the body will be nearly as you see it on the test mules.
Front bumper is a bit different (overall car is not as low as the Mission E but that's because of the regulations - still sporty).
And rear lights are a mix between the Mission E and the 992. You can really see the new Porsche design DNA through that car.
I would still say the test mules (especially the rear) are right now too bumpy. The final design is more smooth.
The only pain point right now at the test mules are the fake Panamera like front lights I think. The final lights are very close to the concept. And if you will see them in the finished production car - I'm sure you'll like them.
But I still think the test mules are very close to the Mission E. I don't really understand the trouble :)

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
Well I'll try to be a bit more specific. The lines and the body will be nearly as you see it on the test mules.
Front bumper is a bit different (overall car is not as low as the Mission E but that's because of the regulations - still sporty).
And rear lights are a mix between the Mission E and the 992. You can really see the new Porsche design DNA through that car.
I would still say the test mules (especially the rear) are right now too bumpy. The final design is more smooth.
The only pain point right now at the test mules are the fake Panamera like front lights I think. The final lights are very close to the concept. And if you will see them in the finished production car - I'm sure you'll like them.
But I still think the test mules are very close to the Mission E. I don't really understand the trouble :)
I know this is a sketch, but would this give a direction as to what it'll look like - proportion wise as well?

Porsche Taycan Porsche Taycan *World Premiere* Date porsche-taycan-sketch-2

OP
OP
PAG_J1

PAG_J1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No information
Country flag
I know this is a sketch, but would this give a direction as to what it'll look like - proportion wise as well?

porsche-taycan-sketch-2.jpg
Rear is pretty close here - still a bit too edgy on this sketch.
Proportions are in the right direction, but this sketch looks way too much like an Coupé - and they Taycan will be a 4-door car.

Kristoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
No confirmation on the name. I don't really know the exact final name of the different types. Internal names were Standard/4S/Turbo/Turbo S.
But that's not up to date. Because these Porsche typical names are related to ICE vehicles and not BEVs.

Regards
Do we know yet what the exact differences will be for Turbo and Turbo S?

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
Rear is pretty close here - still a bit too edgy on this sketch.
Proportions are in the right direction, but this sketch looks way too much like an Coupé - and they Taycan will be a 4-door car.
Do you mean that the roofline is exaggerated, like in the Audi E-Tron GT sketch?

OP
OP
PAG_J1

PAG_J1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No information
Country flag
Do we know yet what the exact differences will be for Turbo and Turbo S?
Price and Performance. But the internal name was Top S and Top (instead of Turbo).

Do you mean that the roofline is exaggerated, like in the Audi E-Tron GT sketch?
Right, it's on this sketch a bit too streched (like in the E-Tron GT sketch).

But the wheels you see here are the new Taycan exclusive design wheels. The silver line can be ordered in the exterieur colour for example and the darker blades will be carbon fiber (21").

JayGT4

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT4 / Taycan Turbo
Country flag
But the wheels you see here are the new Taycan exclusive design wheels. The silver line can be ordered in the exterieur colour for example and the darker blades will be carbon fiber (21").
Excellent. I was hoping these would be production wheels! And carbon fiber too. :involve:

Are the blades actually carbon fiber construction or just covered in carbon fiber? If they're actual carbon fiber core, we should expect some pretty lightweight wheels? Any info on wheel weights? :)

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
Very nice wheels indeed. And I suspect that the darker part are carbon foiles and the “white” part is structural alu.......
Sponsored