Svein Harald
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ymr.no
Vehicles
Mercedes R-Class, Saab 9-5, Mac Minarelli X30 gokart
Country flag
@PAG_J1: How similar will the sedan and Cross Turismo be?

Will the CT be 100% like the concept?
Sponsored

OP
OP
PAG_J1

PAG_J1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No information
Country flag
Excellent. I was hoping these would be production wheels! And carbon fiber too. :involve:

Are the blades actually carbon fiber construction or just covered in carbon fiber? If they're actual carbon fiber core, we should expect some pretty lightweight wheels? Any info on wheel weights? :)
Very nice wheels indeed. And I suspect that the darker part are carbon foiles and the “white” part is structural alu.......
I don't know much more, just that they'll be avaible in 4-5 colour options and the carbon is more like a carbon foile...but I'm not sure. Here is a little tease pic (It's intentionally bad, I don't want to leak too much ;) )

Porsche Taycan Porsche Taycan *World Premiere* Date Design-Wheel-Tayca

@PAG_J1: How similar will the sedan and Cross Turismo be?

Will the CT be 100% like the concept?
I think it will be nearly the same car as the Taycan - just as a Combi. But I'm not involved in CT projects till now - didn't even had contact with the prototype of the car. So sorry I can't answer such questions right now...

Last edited:

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
I don't know much more, just that they'll be avaible in 4-5 colour options and the carbon is more like a carbon foile...but I'm not sure. Here is a little tease pic (It's intentionally bad, I don't want to leak too much ;) )

Design-Wheel-Taycan.png

I think it will be nearly the same car as the Taycan - just as a Combi. But I'm not involved in CT projects till now - didn't even had contact with the prototype of the car. So sorry I can't answer such questions right now...
Also, will the Taycan's red colored areas - the wheel arch and rear lip - be more similar to the mules or the concept

Porsche Taycan Porsche Taycan *World Premiere* Date _mg_3513

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag

Design-Wheel-Taycan.png

Also will the rear lip at 1 be as pronounced, and the haunches at 2 be as pronounced as the Mission E, or closer to the mules?

Porsche Taycan Porsche Taycan *World Premiere* Date Porsche-Mission-E-1-1024x346

DrParis

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 991.2 C4S. Panamera GTS
Country flag

Design-Wheel-Taycan.png

Those wheels have been on EBay for years. I don’t believe for a second those are actual production rims for this car

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
that’s an interesting thought...... not sure this pic is any relevance but why would e-bay wheels be adorning an official sketch of the upcoming Taycan if they were not real porsche design............ a little odd way for the designer to go about things don’t you think...... i’ve heard of copies on e-bay but never the other way around.....

GyAkUsOu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A1 GB
Country flag
Also, will the Taycan's red colored areas - the wheel arch and rear lip - be more similar to the mules or the concept
I'm pretty sure the front half of the Taycan will look almost exactly like the Cross Turismo concept (side profile)

Porsche Taycan Porsche Taycan *World Premiere* Date 70421490-BE79-4DCE-A53B-8B4D79F25CD5

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
I'm pretty sure the front half of the Taycan will look almost exactly like the Cross Turismo concept (side profile)

70421490-BE79-4DCE-A53B-8B4D79F25CD5.png
But of course without the body cladding and the raised ride height (indeed, as the Taycan is only 1.38m tall, a significantly lower ride height than the CT) - but the question is how close will the rear of the Taycan look compared to the Mission E?

SHY

First Name
Svein Harald
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ymr.no
Vehicles
Country flag
But of course without the body cladding and the raised ride height (indeed, as the Taycan is only 1.38m tall, a significantly lower ride height than the CT) - but the question is how close will the rear of the Taycan look compared to the Mission E?
My point exactly! Very small hips on the CT vs Mission E.

The CT will also be called Taycan right? Taycan Cross Turismo

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag

Design-Wheel-Taycan.png

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Honestly, who cares about the wheels? You can purchase aftermarket wheels pretty much in whatever configuration you want. You can't purchase an aftermarket body style (ok, you can add cheap looking attachments, etc.). I just want to see what the car looks like, and really don't care about the wheel selection at all.

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
My point exactly! Very small hips on the CT vs Mission E.

The CT will also be called Taycan right? Taycan Cross Turismo
take away the body cladding, lower the ride height and you'd find it difficult to tell front of the CT from the Mission E

SHY

First Name
Svein Harald
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ymr.no
Vehicles
Country flag
take away the body cladding, lower the ride height and you'd find it difficult to tell front of the CT from the Mission E
Agree bar the «nostrils» (lights). But the rear...

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
Agree bar the «nostrils» (lights). But the rear...
I really hope that the rear of the Taycan is as close to the Mission E as possible. I somehow don't think the integrated spoiler will make the cut, but at least if they could jut out the top part of the taillights it would give off more of a squared off look - this is why aston gives their DBS a spoiler, just to stop the rear end looking droopy (like the Audi E-Tron GT's rear end which looks a bit too curved and droopy)

OP
OP
PAG_J1

PAG_J1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No information
Country flag
Here's another proof; they're the official wheels for the Taycan.
Porsche Taycan Porsche Taycan *World Premiere* Date Bildschirmfoto-2019-03-22-um-19-32-56

I just saw the finished production Taycan once. So it looks like, like I already explained it in other posts.

Best regards
Sponsored

Last edited: