Redhot2474

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
My GTS is supposed to be delivered Dec 9. It looks like they even moved it up 2x, it was at end/middle of December. How accurate are these timelines? For people who have been waiting for months at port do the dates adjust? Should I really expect the car In early December? I’m in USA, CT.
Sponsored

poppap

First Name
Pop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Taycan RWD (PNYVW213)
Country flag
Dec 9 seems to be a placeholder a lot of us are getting. Nothing is for certain until maybe your car is on the vessel then we can estimate the US port arrival and add a few weeks to it, even then it may be held at the port or dealership stateside. See my timeline and how TYD has changed here: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/september-2022-deliveries.10789/post-156110

As of now I still do not know when to expect the delivery (TYD has the same Dec 9), waiting to see if it will actually get on the vessel leaving Emden for the West coast next week, if so, I estimated to take delivery mid November.

Last edited:

poppap

First Name
Pop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@Redhot2474 what are your current TYD dates of start/finished production and US Port of entry? I can check the vessel schedule and see what is coming up for you.

poppap

First Name
Pop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ah... I can see that the change has not been frozen yet. It is probably too soon to tell, the delivery date may change once you reached step 3, scheduled for production.
Do you know what month of the allocation slot you have been assigned?
And what is the US port of entry (step 11)?

poppap

First Name
Pop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Any date in step 4 (Start Production)?

There are a few upcoming vessels arriving at Port of Davisville, RI but nothing close to your timeframe has been published on the schedule yet

SFL COMPOSER - Leaving Emden on 09/30 - arriving in Davisville on 10/11
SFL CONDUCTOR - Leaving Emden on 10/11 - arriving in Davisville on 10/22

Will have to wait for the new vessel schedule to be published in a few weeks.

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
Not to bum you out, but I do think it’s more likely your car will end up being delivered in early 2023. The current timelines are quite fast as they suggest your car will start production in the next 50 days or so. Given your build hasn’t even locked yet, it’s doubtful even if the 12V battery shortage disappeared and everything was relatively smooth that you’ll get yours by year end.

Generally before your car enters production in TYD, the timelines are pretty generic and optimistic, and don’t reflect the current situations with supply chain etc.

As an example, I placed my order at the end of February, the build lock was end of April, and I’m hoping that I get my car mid November, but there’s a decent chance it will be mid December depending on if it makes it on a boat during these next few days. I am west coast, so the boat trip is about 2 weeks longer than for east coast, but still it’s a while if that gives you a semblance of timeline.

If delivered in mid November, it’s about 8.5 months from deposit to delivery. Taking your deposit of late July and a similar lead time, it’d probably be closer to March 2023 for your delivery. From my Lock date of 4/30 to delivery it’s 6.5 months. Assuming your lock date is 9/30, it’s still a similar timeframe of March

Perhaps 12V battery shortage will ease up, but I’d imagine it’ll still only be an improvement of a month or two, so at the earliest I’d expect Jan but would be mentally prepared for possible March reality

OP
OP
Redhot2474

Redhot2474

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Thanks again for taking the time. If I had to guess, I would’ve guessed exactly the same as you - feb/march. I have no problem with that, I wasn’t that excited to get the car in the throws of winter anyway. 👍

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
AFAIK the difference between receiving the car in December vs. next year is $7,500. Any Taycan delivered this year qualifies for $7,500 tax credit under the old incentive rules. New Biden incentives kick-in on 1/1/2023. There is an exemption for having put non-refundable deposit prior to Biden signing the bill (8/16/2022), but some states have it in their laws that non-refundable deposits are unenforceable, so IRS may have a way to question any claims of non-refundable deposits. All those newly hired IRS agents (same bill that takes away the EV incentives for Taycans doubles the budget of the IRS) will have to train on some easy audits like this.

Ranman

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
NA
Country flag
Any Taycan delivered this year qualifies for $7,500 tax credit under the old incentive rules.
From what I have read about the law, that is not the case. The law took effect immediately and any cars delivered before that date qualify. Any cars ordered before that date but not yet delivered requires a 5% deposit to be grandfathered. The date the car is delivered doesnt matter. Here are the written rules from the IRS: Plug-in Electric Drive Vehicle Credit Section 30D | Internal Revenue Service (irs.gov)

Last edited:

TomP

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Carerra 4 GTS, GT4RS
Country flag

whitex

Threads
Reaction score