Leawood CT

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
The Taycan is a great sports car, but a "Supercar"? Seems like a stretch.
Sponsored

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
The Taycan is a great sports car, but a "Supercar"? Seems like a stretch.
Lower models, I agree. The Turbo S, however, has the performance to be classed as a supercar. Depending on what you define as a supercar means it could fail in terms of emotion and engine noise.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Lower models, I agree. The Turbo S, however, has the performance to be classed as a supercar. Depending on what you define as a supercar means it could fail in terms of emotion and engine noise.
Supercar is a moving target though.

My CT4S out accelerates even the sportiest models of Lamborghini Countach and that is definitely a supoercar.

If you define a supercar as uncomfortable, inefficient with poor visibility and so noisy long journeys are tiring then it isn't one ;)

I think of mine as a superb GT car with extra space if compared with alternatives.

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
Absolutely. My R8 V10 was a supercar in 2011 when I took delivery, yet now would I describe it as such? Probably not.

We also have a relatively new category - Hypercar.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Absolutely. My R8 V10 was a supercar in 2011 when I took delivery, yet now would I describe it as such? Probably not.

We also have a relatively new category - Hypercar.
It is weird too.
When I moved to this house just over 40 years ago whichever direction I drove it was worth overtaking any car going slower than me since there weren’t many about. Now there will be a string of cars in front and starting to overtake them ends up with me only being a short distance ahead of the first one I overtook by the time I get held up at the busy roundabout - ie pointless to overtake any.

If I ever see a photo of a “hypercar” it is somebody posing about in a town blipping the throttle.
It is truly ridiculous.
In reality on most journeys the Taycan is no quicker than the Prius.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag

My CT4S out accelerates even the sportiest models of Lamborghini Countach and that is definitely a supoercar.

If you define a supercar as uncomfortable, inefficient with poor visibility and so noisy long journeys are tiring then it isn't one ;)

I think of mine as a superb GT car with extra space if compared with alternatives.
You forgot to mention it's a station wagon too.

Duck and hide... 😂🤣