PPF done and finally got some miles on it.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
halo over PPF is only good for a couple of years; unlike the ceramic applied directly to paint. You can buy halo for about $75; it cost me $300 for them to ceramic over the PPF.

these guys aren’t the cheapest, but this is the third car they have done for me and I like the work - I dropped 200k on this car, so a few extra to get the job I wanted didn’t matter to me. You’ll find them on YouTube - Chicago Auto Pros.
Chicago Auto Pros team is legit. My Xpel Ultimate cars has HALO and my installer gave me 3 bottles of his touch-up spray (had 3 cars done). He advised me 2-3 years lifespan on the HALO and thankfully in S. Florida my cars will ever seen nasty weather - just rain. Worst case I'll have him recoat if it breaks down too much. He will offer an insanely low price for recoat/maintenance service.
Sponsored

OP
OP

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
couple of images with the clear markers installed - next to its smaller stable mate.

Porsche Taycan PPF done and finally got some miles on it. 4E0ED7C8-856F-4C55-A01A-1E31B69B05AE

Porsche Taycan PPF done and finally got some miles on it. 3D14F7FF-0D14-4F96-8CA2-A39A14EC3651

NoRPM22

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Volcano Grey
Country flag
Does XPEL PPF or any PPF leave a few bubbles under the coat? I got mine done thru dealer who uses a reputed installer. A few bubbles are seen on the hood. They have assured me multiple times, that this is normal and the natural heat of the sun will eventually evaporate those. Of course their is warranty if that doesn't happen. But was curious if this was "normal" as I have been assured so many times.

OP
OP

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
Does XPEL PPF or any PPF leave a few bubbles under the coat? I got mine done thru dealer who uses a reputed installer. A few bubbles are seen on the hood. They have assured me multiple times, that this is normal and the natural heat of the sun will eventually evaporate those. Of course their is warranty if that doesn't happen. But was curious if this was "normal" as I have been assured so many times.
Had thst on prior cars and have that on my Taycan when I picked it up Tuesday from detailer. Will check to see if it has gone today.

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
If this is done on a new car (ie. pristine paint) then it's just poor installation. It may go away if it's small enough. Usually to correct this they will puncture the "bubble" with a small needle and suck out the air. Post a picture of the bubble on their google review and I bet they will fix it for you asap.

If the car has been driven for a bit then it may be due to imperfections in the clear coat (rock chips etc...). No easy fix for this I'm afraid.

Roppe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S MY22
Country flag
It is actually quite normal and it will go away.
I wouldn’t worry.

AddAlfa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS Sport Turismo
Country flag
I went on Yelp and searched for PPF in my area. You can also search for vehicle wraps.

Picked the one with the most and highest reviews. Read through the comments, called up and talked to the owner. Very nice guy, very knowledgeable and gave me great advice. He’s done a very nice job on the car

3C916ABC-69A6-4EC7-9465-7DC585AFDC78.jpeg
May I ask who you used for the PPF.