First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB S560e
Country flag
Looking to forum for advise.

I know I can use the Porsche Connect app to pre-cool the car "manually." I have noticed, however, that when I start the car on hot days the ventilated seats are automatically set to two dots. I would prefer to start with the full 3 dot setting. Is there any way to change this setting?

Buck
Sponsored

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have not even found a way to tell it to turn on or not to turn on ventilated seats when pre-cooling - only that if you de-select the driver or passenger zone, the corresponding seat ventilation won't come on either.

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
I have never been able to customize how the pre-cool functions.....My guess is that it takes into account this through the algorithm. The app will notify you when 'pre-cool' temperature has been achieved and wondering if they calculated this at a standard fan speed.

I will say over the summer at sporting tournaments when it was about 98% and 60% humidity, I set it to a relatively high 73 degrees and after being in the sun all day, it was ice cold.....or felt that way and the seats felt like actually cooled and not just 'not warm/hot'.

The car also sometimes kicks on the seat vents at the same level (2) when I first get in with the auto setting enabled. I think this is just the default and don't know if this can be changed. I also like to kick it up to 3 and it is only slightly annoying to click it 3-more times to to up one. Would be nice if you could click a +/- on seat-vent and seat-heat, or even have more increments in between.

I remember back in the 90's, I had a VW Wolfsburg edition and it had 5 settings on a dial. Looking back, that was the most convenient seating regulation I have ever owned. Tell 'ya what, I didn't often crank that sucker up to a 5 on the heating element as it would almost scorch you!

I have gone in on the Taycan seat-vent and modified the distribution to my taste between the seat and the seat-back....that is one nice feature that can be changed. previous cars/trucks and SUV's I have owned would always be too-hot/too-cold between 'ideal' for the seat and seat-back....so this addition is a welcome, premium feature.

If you figure out the default setting on the seat vent, I would love to know how to change it as it is easier for it to default on 'high' and just click it down to taste as you drive.

OP
OP
DNADoc

DNADoc

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB S560e
Country flag
I have never been able to customize how the pre-cool functions.....My guess is that it takes into account this through the algorithm. The app will notify you when 'pre-cool' temperature has been achieved and wondering if they calculated this at a standard fan speed.

I will say over the summer at sporting tournaments when it was about 98% and 60% humidity, I set it to a relatively high 73 degrees and after being in the sun all day, it was ice cold.....or felt that way and the seats felt like actually cooled and not just 'not warm/hot'.

The car also sometimes kicks on the seat vents at the same level (2) when I first get in with the auto setting enabled. I think this is just the default and don't know if this can be changed. I also like to kick it up to 3 and it is only slightly annoying to click it 3-more times to to up one. Would be nice if you could click a +/- on seat-vent and seat-heat, or even have more increments in between.

I remember back in the 90's, I had a VW Wolfsburg edition and it had 5 settings on a dial. Looking back, that was the most convenient seating regulation I have ever owned. Tell 'ya what, I didn't often crank that sucker up to a 5 on the heating element as it would almost scorch you!

I have gone in on the Taycan seat-vent and modified the distribution to my taste between the seat and the seat-back....that is one nice feature that can be changed. previous cars/trucks and SUV's I have owned would always be too-hot/too-cold between 'ideal' for the seat and seat-back....so this addition is a welcome, premium feature.

If you figure out the default setting on the seat vent, I would love to know how to change it as it is easier for it to default on 'high' and just click it down to taste as you drive.
Please share how you set the distribution of ventilated seats. Would love to know.

Buck