Prevent doors from locking when I walk away?

triton99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm sure I'm missing something, but I haven't figured out how to turn off the auto-locking that happens a few moments after I walk away from the car.

It's mainly bothersome in my garage at home where I have to remember to bring my keys with me if I run out to grab something out of the car.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

hwillz1227

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
if I understand u correctly, the door does not lock even though the door handle retracts back. Apply some force pulling it will unlock the door.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
The car doesn't lock on walk away. The only time they lock is when you unlocked and don't open any door, frunk or trunk. The car will re-lock in 45 secs but the door mirrors won't retract (where powered) to indicate.

Door handles will retract on an unlocked car and access to the vehicle has been made after walk away. In this scenario you can simply pull on the door handle to gain entry.

Read the appropriate section in the Porsche Good To Know App

OP
OP

triton99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Mind blown. I mistook the handles retracting for a locked car. As did my Porsche detailer!

Thanks for the clarification.

RoseyPSU

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Aston Martin Vantage
Country flag
Mind blown. I mistook the handles retracting for a locked car. As did my Porsche detailer!

Thanks for the clarification.
I was in the same boat. After about 4 weeks I decided to just pull a little harder and ... BOOM ... it was never locked to begin with. Live and learn.
Sponsored