Taycan keeps locking when I lift the door handle

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Sounds like you have this issue. Needs a dealer visit to replace the door handle.

I had 2 of mine replaced but now the drive door handle is doing the same again so I'm sure there is more going on that just faulty circuit boards.

Edit: For me it was door locking immediately after unlocking... sometime with my hand still in the door handle lol
Wow, the bulletin expects a factory fix by "Summer 2023" ?? 😱
Sponsored

Fall7St8nd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Same issue for me… comfort access option enabled; walk towards my locked car with key fob in my pocket; car unlocks and extends door handles; place my hand under handle to open; car locks and lowers handle. The only way to resolve is to (look like I don’t know what I’m doing… lol) and take the fob out of my pocket and unlock manually.

I have comfort access unlock/open all doors. I’ve seen this issue on multiple doors. I’ve even started to place my hand under the handle towards the rear of the handle to prevent my thumb from accidentally gliding over the lock mechanism on the handle… but doesn’t seem to make a difference. It has to be some kind of software bug… and I haven’t yet figured out the right order of operation to recreate it on-demand.

I’m not too bothered by it, since it happens so infrequently… but will definitely mention it at a future dealership visit.

Domy69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s crossturismo, X5 M50d
Country flag
Same here! Most of the time I have to open the door with my fob. To close the car I do not have the problem. My frunk works well..Strange…

Englishtony2002

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Same issue for me… comfort access option enabled; walk towards my locked car with key fob in my pocket; car unlocks and extends door handles; place my hand under handle to open; car locks and lowers handle. The only way to resolve is to (look like I don’t know what I’m doing… lol) and take the fob out of my pocket and unlock manually.

I have comfort access unlock/open all doors. I’ve seen this issue on multiple doors. I’ve even started to place my hand under the handle towards the rear of the handle to prevent my thumb from accidentally gliding over the lock mechanism on the handle… but doesn’t seem to make a difference. It has to be some kind of software bug… and I haven’t yet figured out the right order of operation to recreate it on-demand.

I’m not too bothered by it, since it happens so infrequently… but will definitely mention it at a future dealership visit.
I have this exact same issue and have tried at you have to be " careful" where i grab it, I agree that it appears to be software and not faulty circuit boards. We shall see if a fix is forthcoming.
Sponsored