atlaturne

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus ISC and Taycan on order
Country flag
I have had an occasional problem when slowly backing up. Try to slow down and brake goes down to floor with difficulty stopping car- a scary situation to say the least. I plan to promptly get in to my dealership.
Sponsored

JAGMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4
Country flag
When driving at slow speeds, the electric brake booster system will fade out regen braking and fade in hydraulic braking. There is a TSB that says something along the lines of, “Longer brake pedal travel can be expected at slower speeds.”

It sounds like you’re experiencing this to the extreme. Is it really going to the ‘floor’? Or is it just going a little further down than normal? If it’s just a little further, it’s probably normal. If it’s significantly further then it’s abnormal.

Last edited:

Crick

First Name
Crick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Volt, 2009 BMW X5D, 2021 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I have the same problem. It is not limited to backing. "Scary" is correct.

Approaching a stop with light to moderate pedal pressure from normal speed. Then if one feathers the break peddle (lift a little to reduce the breaking action) to prevent premature stopping, the brake pressure is lost and one must depress the brake significantly farther (which can be 'to the floor') to stop the vehicle.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
I have the same problem. It is not limited to backing. "Scary" is correct.

Approaching a stop with light to moderate pedal pressure from normal speed. Then if one feathers the break peddle (lift a little to reduce the breaking action) to prevent premature stopping, the brake pressure is lost and one must depress the brake significantly farther (which can be 'to the floor') to stop the vehicle.
You have a problems with your brake system. Take it to the dealership. Other people have had this same problem and I believe the fix is replacing a part and bleeding the system properly.
Sponsored