PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Answering my own question. Talked to a Porsche sales associate and he said that the PSCB are on hold if ordering a RWD or CT4. You can order them on other cars as they are standard on other models. So they must be in short supply and holding inventory for the cars that they are standard on.
Sponsored

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Answering my own question. Talked to a Porsche sales associate and he said that the PSCB are on hold if ordering a RWD or CT4. You can order them on other cars as they are standard on other models. So they must be in short supply and holding inventory for the cars that they are standard on.
To add to that. I ordered a Turbo CT. When I asked my SA whether there was any stop-sales and/missing part, his answer was “not likely on a Turbo”. This suggests the me Porsche is prioritizing party for more expensive trims, which makes sense from a business perspective. I am sure there was more profit in my Turbo, both for the dealer and Porsche, than in a CT4 order. Generally the number of orders drops down quickly as you go up the trims (as value per dolllar decreases, obviously a Turbo S doesn’t cost Porsche twice the RWD), so making parts which are in short supply available to the tier of orders which makes more money and has less customers makes complete sense.

Still, no apparent restrictions in the US configurator for ordering PSCB for CT4, so the shortage cannot be that bad.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Selectable in UK on variants where they are non standard (Turbo only). It could be that once you finalise your build and give the dealer the Porsche code that things change

Try it and see - select region and country as UK.

OP
OP
PDACPA

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
My dealer had an existing order placed and right at the freeze date (starts building next week) He just went in to modify to my specs to sell to me (he was working a deal to replace my '21 that has the red electrical error) and it would not allow him to select the PSCB with the Mission E's (I do not want any of the other wheel and brake choices) because it is a RWD.
Sponsored