pull the trigger and joined the club.

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 3, '22 4S CT, '22 MXP
Country flag
Fellow Taycanans (is that a word?).

After skipping the Taycan, cannot refused the Cross Turismo. Once I saw the announcement, and the pictures. I really WANTED one. Never have so emotionally attached to a car before. I had a '02 2.7t allroad. Love that car, this really reminds me of it and being BEV all the better.

I'm a big Tesla fan. Own 3 of them so far. Model X is great for road trips, having the Supercharger network. But I'm hoping EA stations will catch up and I can do road trips in the CT. Skipped Taycan because afraid of the lackluster range, but now that everybody's confirming EPA numbers are crap. I'm ready to take the plunge.

Owned a '11 Cayenne S, and that car was nothing but problems for me. Rebuild engine and transmission. Scared me out of the Porsche for a while. Also had a '09 Q7 TDI - so I was always a VAG guy. Now I'm back. :)

Ordered 4S CT. Hoping for a late 2021 delivery. Here's how I spec'd it. Let me know if I'm missing any must-have options.
Dolomite Silver (going back and forth between white and dolomite)
Black / Bordeaux Red interior
Model Designation deletion (I guess unless it says Turbo S)
PSCB, white
Off-road design package (wanted extra clearance, 10mm is 10mm)
20" Turbo design wheels (debating between off-road design wheels, but wanted more aero, but now blocks white calipers).
Thermally & noise insulated glass (does it really work?)
Performance Package
Sport Chrono with Compass
Premium Package
Technology Package
InnoDrive (good for Bay Area traffic, love AutoPilot for this in the Teslas).

Looking forward and very excited to get this car. Was thinking of some kind of mid-life crisis and practical car, can't get myself to get a 2-seater mid-engine car, really want to get away from ICE. Never fully in love with Taycan sedan, and the CT comes along, bam!! It's love at first sight.

Was thinking Model S Plaid+ for a second, but I just love the looks of the Taycan CT.

Not as worry about range anymore, just use Model X for long road trips if I have to. So CT will daily driver, charge overnight at home or at work, EA stations are coming to a grocery store near me, so maybe some extra grocery shopping trips to top off battery. Spirited weekend drives are now a must once the CT arrives.

-ThinkMac-
Sponsored

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
Congrats and welcome. You’re joining a long list of Tesla converts. I still love our Teslas, but I’m hoping to be “wowed” by my Taycan if it would ever get here (it’s been delayed twice). Like you, I was very range focused and went with the 20“ Turbo Aeros. The other wheels, especially the 21”s do look better, and show off the brakes as you mentioned. I had 21‘s once on my first S, and I went through 2 wheels and 3 tires in 18 months. After that I promised myself to go function over form when it came to wheels and have 19’s on the Teslas. I’ve been quite happy.

OP
OP
ithinkmac

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
saw vid where tester had 21" wheel on Taycan 4S and was still able to get close to 280miles range. very impressed with the Porsche aero. The Teslas take a big hit on 21" wheels. Yeah, I also went with 20" on my 2 Xs, and 19" on my 3.

-ThinkMac-

Congrats and welcome. You’re joining a long list of Tesla converts. I still love our Teslas, but I’m hoping to be “wowed” by my Taycan if it would ever get here (it’s been delayed twice). Like you, I was very range focused and went with the 20“ Turbo Aeros. The other wheels, especially the 21”s do look better, and show off the brakes as you mentioned. I had 21‘s once on my first S, and I went through 2 wheels and 3 tires in 18 months. After that I promised myself to go function over form when it came to wheels and have 19’s on the Teslas. I’ve been quite happy.

CT4Taycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
Hey congrats! I just put in my order for mamba green christmas tree red interior 4s CT! I currently own X perf and 3 perf. Trading/selling the 3 to be replaced by CT.
I feel that its a supped up golf cart and too noisy for roadtrips but I like driving the X everywhere.

Hope Taycan is worth the price! I only drove it for a couple minutes but looks great, never driven Porsche before. Given your experience with Porsche..am i making the right choice? You right the car looks amazing. No knock on Tesla since ima still get a Cybertruck haha.

OP
OP
ithinkmac

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Congrats to you too!!

My past experience with Porsche was only the Cayenne S and that drove way better than my Q7 TDI and RRS, so I'm hopeful. Since all the evidence from the sedan points to it being a great driver. I'm hoping we don't loose much by adding a longer roof and more headroom in the backseats.

I didn't particularly enjoy the road noise on my Model 3. Once I get past 75mph, it's loud. Can't get the service center to look into it, because they said they can't drive faster then speed limit to test.

The build quality will be worlds apart from Tesla. I'm only in the Tesla for the tech and charging infrastructure, I'm desensitized to the build quality and nothing can be done about that.

Here's to all the other Tesla converts coming into Porsche. And hoping for even better charging network as EA expands, I just saw that EA is putting up a station by my house. Woot!!

-ThinkMac-

Hey congrats! I just put in my order for mamba green christmas tree red interior 4s CT! I currently own X perf and 3 perf. Trading/selling the 3 to be replaced by CT.
I feel that its a supped up golf cart and too noisy for roadtrips but I like driving the X everywhere.

Hope Taycan is worth the price! I only drove it for a couple minutes but looks great, never driven Porsche before. Given your experience with Porsche..am i making the right choice? You right the car looks amazing. No knock on Tesla since ima still get a Cybertruck haha.
Sponsored