magnusch

First Name
Magnus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne S, Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hello! To those who received a Taycan Q1 or Q2 this year that optioned the premium package, did your car come with LED MATRIX lights or were they missing like mine? The matrix lights were listed under the premium package at that point in time.

I’ve read on this forum that many were told by their dealership those lights were unavailable but I was never notified. So my question is, for those who were notified, did the dealership give you any discounts or were you charged the same full price? If you were indeed charged the full price (like how I was), is their an option for retrofitting later on when those lights are available again? Just seems like it’s a little unfair how I paid for those lights under premium package but never received them or a refund…. But if that’s what it is then I guess that’s what it is.

Let me know! really liked those lights!
PS: ordered ‘22 Taycan 4s
Sponsored

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Matrix lights were not part of the premium package in the US on the CT. PDLS+ was what came with the premium package.

OP
OP
magnusch

magnusch

First Name
Magnus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here you can see it's listed under the premium package...

Porsche Taycan Q1 Q2 ‘22 deliveries w/ premium package Screen Shot 2022-06-21 at 2.17.06 PM

proficient_mathematician

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I was told by the SA that due to the supply chain situation, matrix LED’s would’ve added at least three months onto the delivery time, so I opted not to spec them. He also said that they couldn’t be retrofitted (due to different wirings or some such). Couldn’t comment on them being included in a package, as options aren’t bundled into packages here… If you were promised matrix LED’s at time of order and your car doesn’t have them, it sounds like someone owes you a discount.

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I picked up my 22 Taycan 4S on 7 May. The premium package, at least on the US configurator, did not have the Matrix Lights as part of the package, and still doesn't. I did originally order the Matrix lights but they were removed from my configuration by Porsche due to supply chain issues. The standard lights were the LED lights with PDLS+.

OP
OP
magnusch

magnusch

First Name
Magnus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Since you didn’t get the matrix headlamps, did you receive a discount or a refund? Or were you charged full price incl. the lamp?

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
@magnusch , you may have a case.

In mid-January 2022, I saved a screen shot from the USA configurator stating the Premium Package for my Taycan RWD included
LED Headlights but not LED-Matrix Design Headlights like yours in Canada.
Porsche Taycan Q1 Q2 ‘22 deliveries w/ premium package 1655852272249

When I paid my deposit on January 25, 2022, I received the build sheet from Porsche. The terminology changed to an LED-less Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+). (BTW these prices are in US dollars.)
Porsche Taycan Q1 Q2 ‘22 deliveries w/ premium package 1655852320961

And my window sticker (Monroney label) from May 24, 2022 also had LED-less Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+) (US dollar prices again).
Porsche Taycan Q1 Q2 ‘22 deliveries w/ premium package 1655852669626

If yours had Matrix when you paid the deposit and signed the document, I think you have a case. I hope you documented the price difference at the time. Good luck!